Provari Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Well that was a trip down memory lane. Thanks for this thread. I been needing to find and test my old Provari V2 as it is one of my backups. I managed to dig it out of my fire hazard desktop and found a battery which of course acted dead. Then had to clean the threads and battery contacts just to get a whisper of a light on the button. I have a haphazard collection of old AW button tops, probably bought from ProVape. I put them in my newer xtar charger and one marked 2012 went straight to 4.2V so I popped it out and will recycle it. Two others unmarked but likely from '13 or '14 seemed chargeable. They're in my older Pila charger, away from flammables, apparently charging. Not getting hot and no smoke rising, so that's good.

Edit to add: The "good" batteries were not. The two seemed to have enough poop left in them to make the button and panel light up, but not enough current to run the atomizer. Guess I'll order a pair somewhere and try again later. I forgot how finicky the older Provari was about clean threads, batteries, etc. I've had zero of that with my P3.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Not many mods require button tops. Provari might be the only one. Some flashlights use them. I googled it once. The flashlight folks are pretty inventive and they make their own. I saw a variety of tricks. Some of them glue a magnet into the hole in a fiber washer, the washer stops it moving out of position. They even add a button by putting a blob of solder on the positive terminal. That one sounds scary to me, but they had some pics of perfectly formed domes of solder. Beyond my soldering talent though.
My older REOs definitely behave better with button tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread