Provari extended warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
After much sweating, justifying and begging, my darling, sweet, beautiful wife has approved the purchase of a Provari Mini. Yes...I have seen the light. I am about to join the club!

i have my ducks in a row. I have 4 18350's and a handful of 18650's. I am ordering the extension cap and a Tatroe extension tube is in transit to my house. Here is my question...

Do I spring for the extended warranty or do I use those extra dollars to get a color of my choice? I am leaning towards the black model. The choice is one or the other...extended warranty or different color.

As always, thanks in advance for any advice!

Kyle&Ann:wub:

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
Well it comes with a 1yr and I've heard repair costs are reasonable after that. Warranties are always a question of how much risk your Comfortable assuming.

Me, I opted out of the extended plan. 1 year is good enough for me. Haven't heard many people having issues but I'm sure lots of people will chime in with their experiences.

-Lord

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Its not needed IMO But I always skip the ext warranty. I have 2 one just over 1.5 years old I take it to work it gets dropped left in the truck in hot and cold weather rained on its still firing every time my second one is just over 2 years old but its exclusive for the ZAP so its had a pampered life.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
Its not needed IMO But I always skip the ext warranty. I have 2 one just over 1.5 years old I take it to work it gets dropped left in the truck in hot and cold weather rained on its still firing every time my second one is just over 2 years old but its exclusive for the ZAP so its had a pampered life.

Please forgive me...what does ZAP mean? Thanks for the replies...we appreciate them very much!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Z Atty Pro is an rba, made for the ProVari.

I have 2 ProVaris. The first one was a V2 Blem, so it does not have the extended warranty option. My 2nd one was a mini V2.5 and I got the extended warranty. Even though I probably won't ever need it, my husband insisted, just in case. When I get another one, I am not sure I would get it becuase repairs are reasonable even without it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a 1 year old v2.0 standard Provari and a 6 month old v2.5 mini Provari. I haven't had any issues with either one, and didn't purchase the extended warranty for either. I did a lot of research on the Provari sub-forum before making my original purchase and there were barely any problems reported with the Provari's.

Unlike the Chinese mods ("We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break, you buy another.") business model, Provape will always be there to repair your Provari even after the warranty expires after 1 year. Even then, repair costs are very reasonable:

Standard Service Repair Costs

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

I recommend putting the money saved not getting the extended warranty into a better charger like the Pila instead of the Trustfire if ordering the Provari kit.

Better yet, only buy the Provari and extension cap from Provape, and get your AW IMR batteries and charger from RTD Vapor. The Pila is getting a little long in the tooth as far as not being updated in a few years; consider the Xtar VP1 as just as good of a top charger with more contemporary features.

Get your Provari end cap base and battery extension rings from Tatroe Mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread