Status
Not open for further replies.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
So,

Back in November, I ordered a ProVape-1 for the wife, and have been going through and trying to figure out who the package was delivered to -- it showed delivered, but was not in my box. Either I have a dishonest postman, or a dishonest neighbor (and leaning towards postman.... more below. :) ). I sent a ticket to ProVape, and began the process of attempting to start a claim with USPS (which is monumentally difficult when you work overnight, in a 24/7 on call environment... so most attempts were via the online submissions).

So, fast forward to Feb -- about 5 requests for information to USPS have gone unfulfilled, and I've gotten nothing back in the investigation. I've essentially written off the purchase cost at this point, but was curious about a LED swap for my Provaris. Contacted ProVape, and also included a question about using UPS if I decide to go through with it due to issues I've had with USPS. They asked for further information about the issues with USPS, and I provided them with my previous ticket submission where the item was 'delivered' but never delivered. They dug around a bit, talked to management, contacted USPS and decided to -- 3 months later, mind you, when the package DID show delivered (albeit not delivered to me) -- reship the missing PV-1 to us. I was elated, and absolutely not expecting that.

So, here we are today, on delivery day. They sent it with a signature required, so as to ensure it ended up in our hands this time, and to force our postman to our door.... in theory. My wife and I sat here in the living room ALL DAY waiting for the door. Postman instead marks it as 'notice left', and simply delivers the box to my mailbox with absolutely no signature.

(and the dishonest postman comment comes around full circle! Its far from the only time they've claimed they did something and did not -- package deliveries that require signature not even being attempted, claiming to have picked up packages when a front door pickup was requested despite it taking 3 requests -- 3 days in a row -- and a complaint to the local office about them claiming to have done their job.... Lets just say I'm not a fan of my regular USPS worker.)

So: Good result, my Provari's now have a little sibling:

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

Bad result: Now theres a package marked as signature required, where the onus is on my wife and I to 'claim it', and theres no way that we can now mark that as done. Provape has already been provided photographic evidence of the box-in-hand, and claims with USPS will be made... so perhaps it can be a good result too, if it elicits change from my local USPS handler.

and the fantastic result: Thanks to Cecilia and Jennifer at ProVape -- the customer service reps with a strong desire to make right by their customers. And make right they did. Glad they were able to come through on this -- this mod should get more attention than it does. Hits great with a proper ohm device on it, extremely comfortable in the hand, and looks fantastic. If you were considering one for an extra 3.7v CV device -- its definitely a worthy option.

Thus ends my rantings. If you made it this far, apologies now for meandering -- but its what I do. :)

Last edited:

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Your experience is exactly why I have everything sent to work. No one questions parcel deliveries to a company. Plus the Dayton post office is a lot more efficient than out little backwater post office here in Hicksville. I am glad it finally got worked out for you. Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread