Status
Not open for further replies.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Ok, Ive looked around a little and read the manuel and didnt find a solution. When I put a battery (bought from ProVape) in my mini the button flashes like the battery is dead. First time it happened of course I thought the battery was dead. So I pulled another off the charger and within a minute it was blinking. So I grabbed another and charged it. When I put that one in same result. My meter shows all three batteries between 4-4.2 Volts and they all work fine in my other devices. Any ideas out there as to what might be the issue. Is there a hard reset on these somehow?

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Ok, Ive looked around a little and read the manuel and didnt find a solution. When I put a battery (bought from ProVape) in my mini the button flashes like the battery is dead. First time it happened of course I thought the battery was dead. So I pulled another off the charger and within a minute it was blinking. So I grabbed another and charged it. When I put that one in same result. My meter shows all three batteries between 4-4.2 Volts and they all work fine in my other devices. Any ideas out there as to what might be the issue. Is there a hard reset on these somehow?

Dirquist,
Please refer to our troubleshooting guide for cleaning tips, most likely the cause of your button flashing can be a result of a Dirty Contact pin inside the tube or a Dirty spring.

Troubleshooting Tips

Kindly,
Ken

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
I cleaned the contacts inside the ProV and on the battery and charger slide. The problem persists. The second half of the trouble shooting looks specific for juice leaks. Should I try to flush the insides of the ProV with Iso following the directions of step number two on the troubleshooting guide for my blinking problem?

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Same behavior after Iso bath. Am I right to assume that I should now get a ticket at the provape site and arrange to send her back home? Im only an hour away, wish I could drive it over but I think I remember that not being possible.

Gonna be sad to see her go and right now Im pretty broke so Im not sure what it might cost to get it fixed up. Ive had it a while now. It was part of the first run on minis. I only use a ZAP on it as I got one during the first run of ZAPs that Provape got. So this is my best device by far and my ZAP is kinda worthless to me without it.

Whats so strange about when it went bad was that it failed while sitting unused. I got home from work and through the front window I could see into the house that there was a red blinking light. When I got in I saw it was my ProVari blinking. So I just swapped batteries and same thing. Now with several batteries of course and after iso bath it is acting even stranger than before. As I twist the bottom cap on and off it seems to cause intermittent blinking of the light. Sometimes the menu sorts fine and sometime it wont come up at all. Sad day.

Thanks for your help with this Kenny.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Ya, I got the problem solved but I cant be sure what one thing solved it. Here is what I did.

1 Removed bottom spring, stretched it and reinstalled.
2 Scratched the positive pin/post with flathead screwdriver to get some gunk off
3 Cleaned the positive pin/post with 91% Iso. and Q-tip. I did this probably 5 times
4 Gave the entire unit Iso bath. Filled it up, shook it a bit, drained it and let it dry overnight.
5 I did the same with the top post but that is unrelated
6 Iso bath for the spring also and cleaned it with toothbrush.
7 Cleaned the top and bottom of all my batteries with Iso.

It took many tries doing the same things over and over until that positive pin was shiny new looking. The spring got stretched a couple times also. Not sure what fixed it but it has been working flawlessly for a couple+ weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread