Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
vape-addict" data-source="post: 10994652" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape-addict said:
Had mine about a week now and love it!!I have a question I was using a black chrome zmax and in just a month the finish started to wear off..badly like its a year old.Would this black provari do the same? should I get some kind of wrap to protect it? thanks in advance

I'm definitely going to be wrapping mine, not only to protect the finish but to personalize it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had a v2.0 Standard size for 14 months. It has taken several falls from my lap to the driveway when getting out of my car, and has two miniscule nicks in the carokote paint from this. I have a v2.5 Mini that is 7 months old and is in perfect condition with the same type of care/abuse.

In comparison, I have a couple of US made mechanical mods that are powder coated and they are not as durable as the cerakote Provari finishes.

There are J-Wraps and Ray Wraps and Vape FX Wraps. Serenity Gear sometimes has custom fitted leather sleeves for a Provari.

You can even fashion a customized motorcycle rubber grip to use as a protective sleeve for $9.

RubberSleeve-2.jpg http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/326118-diy-inexpensive-rubber-provari-protective-grip.html

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
After 6 months the coating on my Bronze mini is wearing ever so slightly around the tear drops. I do work in a factory, and often have chemicals on my hands used in the manufacturing process. As much as I do try to wash my hands, some of that stuff just lingers. You have to look closely to see it, and my husband advises to just not look at it.

I have a black mini on the way, which I will not take to work. It will be interesting to see what happens when I don't take that one around chemicals.

Really, the whole thing does not bother me that much because I always have the option of a JWrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread