Provari P3 vs. MVP 20W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
To the OP: you will not be disappointed with the VS. I would rather have a Flask or a SX Mini M Class then a P3 due to the closeness in price. A ProVari simply cant give a lot of people the power they need. I really wish Provape would drop a DNA40 mini mod similar to the SX Mini. I would pay 300$ for it in a heart beat. My mom vapes an authentic OG kayfun from a few years back that I got her for X Mas. I build it at 1.2 for her. She vapes it at 15w and I bought her a P3 to replace her v 2.5. She couldn't be happier. My dad uses one atty, an authentic Plumeveil. builds it himself at .3 ohms and powers it with a Sig 100w Plus. My point is, different strokes for different folks. A P3 is a fantastic device if your sure your never going to need more power. Someone like my mom for example. Or my buddy who vapes a Lemo at 1.5 ohms at 20w. Someone like me or my wife or father, a ProVari no matter what version just cant give us the power we need. And VS customer service is just as good as Provape IME.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
If i were you, I would be looking at 50 watt mods. You want something that will grow with you. You will most likely want more power in a few months.

The OP vapes at nowhere near 50w.

I sometimes do not understand why some people think you will need more power every few months.

Lots of vapers find their sweet spot at under 20w.

My advice would be buy something of quality and longevity which does not equal the most watts.

Eric

Efektt

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Bay Area, CA

I sometimes do not understand why some people think you will need more power every few months.

My advice would be buy something of quality and longevity which does not equal the most watts.

Eric
Hes using a subtank not a kayfun. 20 watts is on the low side for a subtank. He is subohming now and you dont think he will need more power. I think if he follows your advice he we be buying a new mod very shortly and be stuck with a low powered mod as well.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
And on top of that.. do you think its safer to push a 20 watt mod at 20 watts constantly or push a 50 watt mod at half of its power?

Op has found a "Sweet Spot" at just under 20W

A well constructed Mod is designed to be used at whatever W it can provide up to the max amount.
I don't see a safety issue.

If anything, Lower W equals longer battery charge equals less charging equals.....you get the idea.

Eric

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
And on top of that.. do you think its safer to push a 20 watt mod at 20 watts constantly or push a 50 watt mod at half of its power?
50w at half power. Its not "safer" but you're not pushing the mod to its limits constantly, which is hard on the electronics...

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
If you don't think you will ever outgrow 20 watts, don't mind the menu system, and money isn't an issue ... you won't find a more reliable and DEADLY accurate device than the Provari P3.

Will the Provari P3 provide an overwhelmingly superior vaping experience over the MVP? No. But it IS the most accurate chip in the market place, with excellent customer service, and built by a company that goes out of its way to find materials made in America.

I was going to buy a P3 just to SUPPORT Provape and their "in America mentality". But when the specs came out I was severely disappointed. I vape between 25-35 watts and thought for sure the P3 was going to come out with 30-50 watt capability since the trend was going towards higher wattage. It sucks, because I really want to support them. But I can't spend that kind of money on a device that won't satisfy me and ultimately I wont use.

None the less ... it's a fantastic device made by a great company. If you decided to buy it, I highly doubt you would be disappointment (unless you again, outgrow 20 watts).

You might also want to look at the DNA temp control mods like the Vaporshark and the temp control YiHi SXMini M Class (out next month). They're solid built devices, cheaper, and have better "end-user" technology IMHO.

josevap

Moved On
Feb 13, 2015
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Offensive comment

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I can see Provape either:

Raising the power output if it is even possible. Or....

Lowering the price substantially.

I don't think sales are that great. I have already seen two sales in the last month for just the P3. Provape is very selective on when they run sales. I am a fan of the Provari but I think they may have dropped the ball on the specs. And with mini boxes being all the rage, tube mods are losing ground. Might be time to go back to the drawing board.

A ZNA style Provari with 30w??? I would buy that in a second.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Eric

Youtube and ECF forum posts convince new vapers high power is the only way to vape...

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Offensive comment

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I prefer higher wattage. But I still use my Provari's when I'm in the mood. Still love my Buzz Pro too. I just ordered a P3 for my lovely wife for Valentine's day. It's all about personal preference. If the OP likes under 20 watts. You can't go wrong with the design.

What a guy! That's one heckuva Valentine present.

I agree ... you really can't go wrong with the P3 if you're a 20 watt or under vaper. I really wish they went to atleast 30 on the P3 though. Had they ... I would have one sitting here right now.

Folks should watch Busardo's video where he took a Provape tour. In a very small way, it warmed my heart. Those guys take great pride in who they are and what they do ... and HOW they do it.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
What a guy! That's one heckuva Valentine present.

I agree ... you really can't go wrong with the P3 if you're a 20 watt or under vaper. I really wish they went to atleast 30 on the P3 though. Had they ... I would have one sitting here right now.

Folks should watch Busardo's video where he took a Provape tour. In a very small way, it warmed my heart. Those guys take great pride in who they are and what they do ... and HOW they do it.[/QUOTE Thanks ! ]I agree man. I would've bought one for myself if it had 30 or 40 watts. My wife will love it for sure though. She enjoys 10-12 watts with high nic :D I mean it's all about the nic cravings after all. What wife wants, wife gets. She's the best ! :) :wub: :D

I enjoyed that interview with Provape as well. Probably Phil's best. :toast:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I own three Provaris. Two regular v 2.5s and a mini. I would rather (although I don't) vape an I-Stick30 then any of them JUST because of the additional wattage..

Have you considered the new iStick 50w? It's got a 4400 mAh battery! That'll last you a couple of days, even if you're vapping on a sub ohm tank!

It'll set you back all of $50, it's very well build, and has longer battery life then devices two times it's cost!

Might be worth at least checking out! (I also prefer box mods, as they're easier to carry in a shirt pocket, which is where I carry my device, but everyones different)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread