hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have been thinking about buying a VV mod for some time and am seriously considering a Provari. I have read some of the threads here both good and bad and am not too concerned about the bad ones since it seems that the folks at provape are good to deal with. I am wondering if some of the provari users here could tell me if they notice much of a difference in the vaping performance from when the batteries are fully charged to when they get closer to being drained. On a lot of units I have noticed that I notice a considerable difference from the full charge point to the about half use point of the battery. I suspect that the boost circuitry in the provari would compensate and keep the vape consistent but thought I would ask some experienced users. Thanks for your help.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks PK. That's the way I thought it would work but you never know. I know when I start out with a fully charged aw imr battery on my sd that I like the way an lr atty vapes but once I've been using it for a while it doesn't vape as hot so I assume that the battery voltage has dropped some. Just one more reason to buy a provari.

Dalton63841

Moved On
    Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    I run mine all the way till the cut off on the provari and there is no difference what so ever on the performance. It vapes at the same voltage till the battery dies.

That is the beauty of regulated voltage. Exact same voltage to the atomizer from first vape to last, except of course when you change it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thank you folks for your responses on this. I know that many people on the forum buy one mod after the next without much thought but I am a bit of a miser and wanted to do a little research before buying a new mod. I have tried a few different pv's over the past two years but not near as many as a lot of people on the forum. I have been reading thru some of the threads here and see that there are a ton of happy customers. It might not seem like it to some people but for me it's kind of a big deal to spend this much on a pv but it sure sounds like it's worth it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have seen some of the negatives. From what I have seen pretty much everyone loves theirs even if they have the thing where they have to take the battery out to reset it.

How are you doing asidrave? I haven't seen you in a while. Are you still snusing?

asidrave

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have seen some of the negatives. From what I have seen pretty much everyone loves theirs even if they have the thing where they have to take the battery out to reset it.

How are you doing asidrave? I haven't seen you in a while. Are you still snusing?

Hey hittman......no not anymore and I have soo much frozen snus too...around 200 cans or so.....I really missed the hand-mouth-smoke of vaping and got back into it once i started smoking again. I still have a smoke now and then. But yea....i dont snus anymore.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    You stocked up pre PACT right? Me too. I have placed a couple orders since then. Besides the increased shipping costs, the prices really aren't bad and if you order from sweden then there's no tax. I still have the occasional smoke too but am thinking that I really want one of these provari units. I'm surprised you didn't try to sell the snus if you aren't using it. I'm sure someone would buy it but you might have to break it up some. I think there are a lot more people that use it besides just the people in the smokeless forum.

belialNZ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    New Zealand
    I never noticed any change in the way it vapes from a fully charged battery to when I go to change the battery out once the button flashes for the first time!

This is just one of the many features that makes the ProVari such an awesome PV.

Thats probably the feature I appreciate the most, I mean, after you find your sweet spot with your various atomisers, what really stands out is that the performance is consistent for the length of the battery charge.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    You are right belia. That is a huge accomplishment. That is definitely one thing that gets on my nerves with the mods I have now. I love when I put a fresh battery in my sd with an lr atty but after a while it's so-so. It's not as big of a deal on a 6v mod and some stuff actually runs better after the batteries calm down a little but it would be ideal to have a consistent hit every time until the batteries need replacing.

asidrave

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    You stocked up pre PACT right? Me too. I have placed a couple orders since then. Besides the increased shipping costs, the prices really aren't bad and if you order from sweden then there's no tax. I still have the occasional smoke too but am thinking that I really want one of these provari units. I'm surprised you didn't try to sell the snus if you aren't using it. I'm sure someone would buy it but you might have to break it up some. I think there are a lot more people that use it besides just the people in the smokeless forum.

I would definetly consider selling most of it...but they are all expired...altho they have been frozen since i received them. I dont think anyone would want to buy it. I even have 3 rolls of CQ ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread