ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just saw a blue one on E-Bay. :|

KAS

And it's pretty interesting, since it's a color that was never sold - a lighter, teal sort of thing. The text said it was assembled from left over parts (and it's a 40 watt) so I'm wondering if it's aftermarket or a 1 of 1 prototype.

All of that is assuming the camera is not a potato and didn't seriously get the shade wrong.

Edit: Wowza! I looked further and there are a few of these with colors and finishes I've never seen. Seller is in Washington state, so sort of checks out.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's pretty interesting, since it's a color that was never sold - a lighter, teal sort of thing. The text said it was assembled from left over parts (and it's a 40 watt) so I'm wondering if it's aftermarket or a 1 of 1 prototype.

All of that is assuming the camera is not a potato and didn't seriously get the shade wrong.

Edit: Wowza! I looked further and there are a few of these with colors and finishes I've never seen. Seller is in Washington state, so sort of checks out.

Yeah I kind of thought that that blue was off a bit, I just figured it was the lighting. :| I did kind of look at the other items, but I am not buying so I did not read the fine details. :oops:

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah I kind of thought that that blue was off a bit, I just figured it was the lighting. :| I did kind of look at the other items, but I am not buying so I did not read the fine details. :oops:

KAS

And even a 50 watt (!!!!!) Titanium P3. Like you, I'm not buying either, but these seem to be pretty special.

From the ad: "This is a new item. It was recently assembled from some of the last remaining components that have been in storage. Built and tested by the original team. Certificate of Authenticity available upon request."

Reactions: kas122461

TheKiddVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 16, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    I saw an ad on vape trader. COM where the description of the device said sort of the same thing, they were owners and had leftover inventory, prototypes and one of a kind devices for sale and they had someone who repaired Provari. It sounded pretty legit.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very interesting development for Provari fans. But now I'm trying to remember -- seemed like there was always a clamor for purple and I remember the tube mods getting it. But did they finally do a purple Radius towards the end?

Yeah, I have one. I have Red, Blue, Purple, & Black. They also had a White one, which I did not get. :|

KAS

I had to search for one of my pictures, the one on the left is blue, kind of hard to tell.

xXEp7vi.jpg

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Very interesting development for Provari fans. But now I'm trying to remember -- seemed like there was always a clamor for purple and I remember the tube mods getting it. But did they finally do a purple Radius towards the end?

Looking at internet archives, looks like the Raduis was once offered in "Concord Purple" in 2016. But the pic wasn't archived so it's hard to tell if it's the same purple as listed on Ebay.

https://web.archive.org/web/2016052...Vari-Radius-p/provariradiusconcordpurpler.htm

As for the teal one listed on ebay, I couldn't find an archived page for the teal color on Provape, not even on the customizer page. But I didn't look through all the dates because archive.org is such a slow site. Don't have that kind of patience.

Customize Your ProVari Radius

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Looking at internet archives, looks like the Raduis was once offered in "Concord Purple" in 2016. But the pic wasn't archived so it's hard to tell if it's the same purple as listed on Ebay.

Concord Purple ProVari Radius

As for the teal one listed on ebay, I couldn't find an archived page for the teal color on Provape, not even on the customizer page. But I didn't look through all the dates because archive.org is such a slow site. Don't have that kind of patience.

Customize Your ProVari Radius

Now I remember why I seldom use archive.org - but I gutted it out and waited for the page to load. I can't screenshot since it closes the selection box when I open the clipping tool.

Anyhow, not only is the teal not listed, but the purple isn't either. Just the four original body colors (red, blue, black, white) along with the graphic ones I'd forgotten about including the skull, snakeskin, muddy girl, and kryptech which were a $20 option.

I was going to get a custom, but waited too long. I always wanted a white body with graphite metal. I remember someone here had one and I thought it was a great choice. And like the body options, anything but the standard brushed metal cost an extra $20, with the stealth matte black priced at $35.

High rollers went for the buttons with the cubic zirconia jewel in the center. Oddly enough, purple WAS an option for button color, along with clear, blue, champagne ($40), and stealth -just solid black delrin (?) at $5. Finally, there was a smoked grey display window option for $8.

I appreciate you finding that link. It was a part of the Provari story I had trouble remembering details about, since it was only for a short period of time and at the very end.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now I remember why I seldom use archive.org - but I gutted it out and waited for the page to load. I can't screenshot since it closes the selection box when I open the clipping tool.

Anyhow, not only is the teal not listed, but the purple isn't either. Just the four original body colors (red, blue, black, white) along with the graphic ones I'd forgotten about including the skull, snakeskin, muddy girl, and kryptech which were a $20 option.

I was going to get a custom, but waited too long. I always wanted a white body with graphite metal. I remember someone here had one and I thought it was a great choice. And like the body options, anything but the standard brushed metal cost an extra $20, with the stealth matte black priced at $35.

High rollers went for the buttons with the cubic zirconia jewel in the center. Oddly enough, purple WAS an option for button color, along with clear, blue, champagne ($40), and stealth -just solid black delrin (?) at $5. Finally, there was a smoked grey display window option for $8.

I appreciate you finding that link. It was a part of the Provari story I had trouble remembering details about, since it was only for a short period of time and at the very end.

I got my Radius's when they were closing, 2 from Provape, and I think the other 2 were from Cream de Vape. I should not have waited till the end, I would have had several more of them. :|

KAS

I had forgotten about the custom ones. :oops:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The purple is listed in my first link. But no pictures are available. It's called "Concord Purple".

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I now know you could buy a standard purple Radius, but what I was referring to was that the color was not offered in the Custom Radius menu.

And now I see your latest posts, and though it may be the computer generated one, it shows a custom with a purple body. It strikes me that there may be a date mismatch, with the link to the custom page being earlier and before the purple was introduced. In fact, if you click on the specifications tab, it lists the customs as being 40 watt - instead of the 60 that I remember towards the end.

It's funny. It's only been 5 years, and this is as confusing to me as an archeological digsite. :lol:

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Y'all are on target. They did offer the purples, for a brief spell, but the teal is either new or was held very closely to their vests. I've never seen any hint of that color before, discounting those questionable pastel colors that came and went like...

Like something. ;):lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread