Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I ordered and received two of these ProVape ProVari tank Rings and I must say that they are the best of any I have ever used. Two thumbs up guys !

The best part is that they have a nice wide base on the top with lots of little air channels flowing to the center of what ever topper you use.....so you can screw you kayfun or Protank or what-ever you have down on it and it does not "shake, rattle and roll". How smart...how simple !

I know I would like to see a new Provari design with a flat top, but until it is made, this one is not only great but at 8.00 per each ?

And superior to all the others I have seen.

Loki labs (at 25.00 shipped) can kiss my Hiney.

Way to go ProVape !

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Don't have the ProVape rings, but here's 2 with Loki rings & 1 with no ring for comparison when someone does post 1 with a ProVape ring.

DSC00055.jpg

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Thanks Ozwald!! Not sure I can do the Kayfun, I like the way my mini protank looks even though I'm probably sacrificing flavor.

If you rebuild your own coils, you are not losing much flavor compared to a Kayfun. In fact, a good ProTank build is better than a bad Kayfun build.

A good Kayfun build will be better than a good ProTank build, though, and it's much easier to rebuild than a ProTank's coil.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana

Those are all the official Svoemesto half tanks. I've seen those Chinese ones, but the colors are weak. I could *maybe* see the smoked one after I Duracoat it black, but I'll stick with these.

This was the last order I made from Germany:

DSC00036.jpg

All 5 colored tanks are in there & look pretty accurate with my monitor settings. The green looks better when it's actually on a tank.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
My response to the ring is.....Meh.

Every time I put a tank on with the ring, I get an OP error until I undo it and readjust my pin on my Kayfun.

It's just something else that I have to do. If I was using a Pro Tank 2 which has known airflow issues with the ProVari, then this ring may be a Godsend.

But since My Kayfuns have airflow channels independent of the 510 connector, then it becomes merely a cosmetic issue for me, and sometimes the cosmetic advantage isn't worth it for me.

One is enough for me since I only vape one at a time......

But the price is right....That's for sure. If it was something like a Hippo that has it's own 510 to 510 connector which would allow you to save wear and tear on the ProVari threads, then that's one thing....But since it's just something for me that only adds asthetics, then it's not quite as compelling for me.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
My Kayfun Lite+v2 with the pro ring works excellently, no complaints no adjusting., and I like the slight step between the 22mm ring and the 21mm kfl. The air channels kind of make up for covering the tear drops.

Yes, very good look IMHO. I also second that there is no need to adjust the kayfun with THIS ring, unlike others I have.....

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I bought the ring also but was disappointed to find that it is too short to work with my IBTanked tanks. There is a 2-3mm gap between them. I was really hoping that it would work with them because the rings that IBTanked sells are a bit too tall and pull the catomizer down inside the tank. Oh well.... maybe I'll find another tank to use it with.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I bought the ring also but was disappointed to find that it is too short to work with my IBTanked tanks. There is a 2-3mm gap between them. I was really hoping that it would work with them because the rings that IBTanked sells are a bit too tall and pull the catomizer down inside the tank. Oh well.... maybe I'll find another tank to use it with.

Is the gap about what it is with the IBtanked without the ring on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread