Provari through airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
So, I'm wondering if anyone else has taken their beloved Provari with them on their travels. I am debating whether or not to bring mine with me as I'm only doing carry-on. One of the highlights of the Provari is build quality but if I were to put on the security hat, I'd say it looked like a housing for a pipe bomb and I'm concerned that they will just confiscate it. Then the choice would be go on the flight or not and take it home. So, I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience going through airport security with the Provari and what happened.

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
How long are you goings to be gone? I've recommended to folks who have gone on vacation for a week or longer to fed-ex their vape supplies to themselves in care of the hotel...it will be waiting for you! Then, of course, you will have to mail it back...

I've had no problems with my stick batts...I put them in a plastic bag along with cartos, tanks and juices...also included business cards and instruction manuals in the plastic bag...if you are only going to be gone a few days....maybe something a little less "terroristic" in the looks department....unless you are flying out of Podunk, security has seen it all....

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
I'll be gone just a few days...I called the TSA and she said it should be no problem. Are the 18650's considered a "liquid" battery?

No, Li-ion bats and Li-min bats are used in laptops Cell phones, tablets and the like there shouldn't be an issue.

I'm going to Hawaii for a week in July and i plan on letting security know up front, this is a personal vaporizer and even demonstrate it for them, my feeling is if you try to hide it or something or whatever, or act like you are doing something wrong, they will think you are. I'm not doing anything wrong, and Im sure not gonna act like I am.

hs3000

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Saint Louis
Not sure about Provari since I don't have one.
As far as regular e-cigs, I usually put my batteries & carts in a small case and my juice in my "liquids bag".

Usually no comments but I have had the TSA gimme thumbs up :thumbs:when they figured out what it was. I offered to
take them out of my carry on but they just waved me through...

hs

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
There will be no problem taking your Provari though airport security. It is possible the scanner will pick it out and security will wish to look at it and verify it is an ecig but when that does happen it only takes an extra minute or two and you will be on your way. I've not taken a Provari but I've taken a variety of mods flying with me and sometimes they stop and take a quick look and other times they dont. Never any big deal. :) Just be sure your liquids are in your one qt ziploc bag. :)

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I brought mine through customs in a few countries, and a variety of airports (including IAD/ORD/MIA, which are all very security-sensitive airports) and not once did anyone even question it. Carry on, with tank, and a small bottle of e-liquid, all in a sunglass case. The rest of the stuff I packed in the checked luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread