The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari throwing E1 error code.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by brockadams, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brockadams

brockadams Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Yesterday I bought a ego dual coil cartomizer. It's been work great. Today I needed to refill it. I did the same as they showed me. Filled it up now I'm getting E1 code. Why?

2. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    From the manual:

E1 – Short Circuit / Shorted Atomizer – If this error appears, remove the atomizer and replace with a different one or or lower your voltage settings. The ProVari will automatically reset when the problem is fixed.

If lowering the voltage doesn't fix it, try measuring the carto with a multimeter.

From what I understand anyway, you don't really need dual coils with a ProVari.

Good luck.. Let us know what happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Make sure there is no water/juice/debris on the bottom of the carto that could be causing the short as well ...

4. brockadams

brockadams Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Its strange, it was rockin great on my provari till I filled it up just now.. I put on my ego-twist and it works. Hmmm..

5. GoG8trz

GoG8trz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Yeah...whenever I saw one for the first time, I put in a LR carto in and the voltage was at 6. Once I dialed down the volts, all was fine. Good luck

6. dingo1799

dingo1799 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2012
    IL
    might have tightened it down too tight back onto the provari too. ive done that a couple times, most cartos are considered disposable, and chinese arent known for quality manufacturing to begin with

7. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Your Ego Twist doesn't have short circuit protection.

8. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to APV Model Specific Discussion - Provari

9. Zenataos

Zenataos Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

^ this x 10

The Provari is constantly checking the device, once you get into real rebuildable genesis style attys, you get VERY VERY familiar with E1, E2, and E8 error codes. Most of them can be fixed by lowering the voltage (or adjusting your coil on a genny).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.