Provari + Zap setups question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
Ok, I have tried a few different setups....now I am going to reach out to the forum and see what you guys think...

Here is what I have tried...

28g
1.2ohms @ 4.1v = 3.41 amps / 14.00 watts

28g
1.5ohms @ 4.8v = 3.19 amps / 15.36 watts

32g twisted

1.2ohms @ 4.2v = 3.50 amps / 14.70 watts

So far they all have their pros/cons.
I like the 28g due to its stability....I never touch the wire other than to clean it off.
The twisted seems to have a touch more flavor...but I have to adjust it here or there...

What other setups do you guys use?
Im generally doing 5/6 or 6/7 wraps most of the time.
I have removed the insulator
Im getting good vapor on all of them... but would like more flavor.
I would prefer to use a single wire, but will use twisted if needed.
Also, I have read to wrap just a few coils. I have read to wrap a ton of them and cover the wick.
Read put the coils concentrated in a small area....

I love this setup.... provari and zap.... just trying to see what other people are doing and find that perfect vape.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ok, I have tried a few different setups....now I am going to reach out to the forum and see what you guys think...

Here is what I have tried...

28g
1.2ohms @ 4.1v = 3.41 amps / 14.00 watts

28g
1.5ohms @ 4.8v = 3.19 amps / 15.36 watts

32g twisted

1.2ohms @ 4.2v = 3.50 amps / 14.70 watts

So far they all have their pros/cons.
I like the 28g due to its stability....I never touch the wire other than to clean it off.
The twisted seems to have a touch more flavor...but I have to adjust it here or there...

What other setups do you guys use?
Im generally doing 5/6 or 6/7 wraps most of the time.
I have removed the insulator
Im getting good vapor on all of them... but would like more flavor.
I would prefer to use a single wire, but will use twisted if needed.
Also, I have read to wrap just a few coils. I have read to wrap a ton of them and cover the wick.
Read put the coils concentrated in a small area....

I love this setup.... provari and zap.... just trying to see what other people are doing and find that perfect vape.

sounds like you have covered alot. my set up, although with a v-2 provari is not underneath a zap, i do the 28g 1.1 to 1.2 ohm coils, although it might not have as many wraps as your zap, im not sure if its any difference. on my genny it takes me 4/5 wrap to achieve this. so i think you are there, not sure how you can improve your flavor, except if you try the ceramic wicks. i just switched to the fc 2000 wicks and absolutly love them flavor wise, imo there is no comparison between both. i am actually finding it hard to vape ss mesh anymore. there are draw backs as with anything, trade offs as usual. the ceramics are fragil, expensive, and take a while to break in, also hard to get and fiddely to get a tight coil, but if you can get by with this, as i did with no problems, you will be rewarded with a flavor that is hard to beat.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Yea I heard (and read) about the ceramic wicks.... I think I will wait on those.
Im pretty hard with my equipment. That is why I got the Provari/Zap in the first place.
Need something that can handle the abuse.... lol

I was thinking of maybe not oxidizing the wicks.... Right now I try to only burn red once...then do a few vg lighter burns.
Maybe I can use my ego or something to pulse a coil and get it going then move it to the Provari.....

So far.... I think overall I like the 28g. Its simply so easy to use....and doesnt move once its set.
The only thing is.... it takes a bit for the 28g to heat up. The 32g twisted heats up rather quickly.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yea I heard (and read) about the ceramic wicks.... I think I will wait on those.
Im pretty hard with my equipment. That is why I got the Provari/Zap in the first place.
Need something that can handle the abuse.... lol

I was thinking of maybe not oxidizing the wicks.... Right now I try to only burn red once...then do a few vg lighter burns.
Maybe I can use my ego or something to pulse a coil and get it going then move it to the Provari.....

So far.... I think overall I like the 28g. Its simply so easy to use....and doesnt move once its set.
The only thing is.... it takes a bit for the 28g to heat up. The 32g twisted heats up rather quickly.

not sure on flavor comparison, but sometimes i will do a 4 wrap of 28g, this comes in at the cut-off of the provaris limits about 0.8 to 0.9 ohms, and vape it at 3.0volts. now it hasnt the watts as the 1.2 ohm coil, but because of the lower wraps it hits faster.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Might have to try that .8ish one....

Ive read your other reviews about how much you like it... I was always afraid to try it with the 32g on my Vamo...
the ohms always would jump .1 or so here or there.
With this 28g though.... its rock solid.

Could be the Provari helping too.... but either way, it is a relief to be able to take it with me and not worry all day about "when" i will have to fix my coil... (aka the 32g)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
IMO flavor diminishes at higher wattage. My sweet spot is around 11w for flavor. I like the twisted 32. seems to produce the best flavor for me

i would say this is about right, maybe a little higher, but it may have something to do with the juice your also using. also i believe that juice flavor diminishes more at hi voltages/ hi wattages, compared to low voltages and higher wattages.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Anyone recommend a cheap mechanical mod that works with either 18350 or 18650? (either one...doesnt have to be both)
I will only be using it to set a coil with no oxidization... Im feeling the Provari will freak out and error to much.

Keep an eye on Vapor Joes web site. Somtimes you can score a China GG from Hoosier Vapes for $26. Regular price is around $44.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Ok, did not have a lot of time last night so did a quick setup.

Same wick / same juice (50/50 diy RY4)

I am using the 32g twisted and just removed a wrap and fiddled to get 1ohm
Using it at 3.5v

Its ok.... I do get more flavor but less vapor.
Is going down to .9 a huge difference from 1.0?
From the calculators I am not sure .8 would work... it shows that takes it over the amp limit even at 2.9v... unless it can go over....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread