• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

PS Manual USBPassthrough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
How much did you pay matt ?
They were £21.99 on Monday. Today their £29.99 which is a bit steep IMO. :(

They were listed at £30 earlier in the week, then went down to £21 for a couple of days and now back to £30. Either they're testing the market or someone is having a bad day in the pricing department. Ruyan Direct do a manual 901 passthrough for $9 + $3 shipping (~£7.30) tho' it looks like the same awful design as the automatics that arn't sealed and so are susceptible to leakage, meaning not suitable for dripping. The PS is a sealed unit and 'looks' like it's much better quality.

Last edited:

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
They were listed at £30 earlier in the week, then went down to £21 for a couple of days and now back to £30. Either they're testing the market or someone is having a bad day in the pricing department. Ruyan Direct do a manual 901 passthrough for $9 + $3 shipping (~£7.30) tho' it looks like the same awful design as the automatics that arn't sealed and so are susceptible to leakage, meaning not suitable for dripping. The PS is a sealed unit and 'looks' like it's much better quality.

"Looks like". That's the problem. No Reviews. Another Preorder "be our Test Subjects" job.
For the same price i can buy a Janty Passthrough. This has a Separate sealed Manual Switch so if the switch wears out you can get another without having to throw the whole thing away. It also has a battery box so it can be used on the move. No need to buy a separate USB Battery Pack. Far more Versatile.
I KNOW these work Great 'cause i've got one. :p
I would have thought they would sell the PS Passthrough on a Special Offer to begin with. I would have gone for it at £21.99 but not at £30. :)

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
£30 is waaay too steep for me, for that it should come with a USB battery pack heck why not for a little extra money just throw in a whole battery compartment and make it a mini prodigy! I am done with passthroughs that don't have an in-line battery, they are far too much trouble to power, no ordinary USB port is good enough which kinda defeats the purpose of it being USB!!

--EDIT-- Ehhem excuse my rant, you see I have not had much luck with passthroughs hehe!

Survivors

Unregistered Supplier
May 21, 2009
I disagree on the in-line battery assessment. Once you find the right power source (battery pack) to handle it - you cannot beat a straight USB pass through (without the limitations or interruptions of flow of the little rechargeable battery gizmo). I use mostly 801's though, which seems to require more power, and the battery in between the flow just doesn't do the same trick as straight up power to vape and heat. I found direct passthroughs for much less in the China shops than PS. time will tell if the build quality is worth the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread