PSA regarding DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
OK so I'm gonna start off by saying I own a dna200 device and love it. I've learned the ins and outs and frankly have realized any problems I have run into were my fault.
this being said if your a yihi fanboy, exit stage left, this isn't for you.

I just want to warn of something that happened last night and caused me quite a bit of grief.

I had a jux mod on my lap, and was vaping on my dna (in the car). I had to sit the dna down for some reason or other. my fiancee is greedy with the cup holders so I sat it on my lap.

when I picked the mod back up to have a vape, it didn't work. I looked at the screen to see if it was locked and was horrified. the screen was all pixelated and crazy looking and the buttons weren't working.

I pulled the battery and then I got half of the primary welcome screen and the other half was the secondary welcome screen. then it hit me, the magnet on the switch of the jux kissed the screen of my DNA.

I remember being in school and seeing kids put magnets on the old CRT computer screens and making rainbows and whatnot (ahhh, public school)

I freaked out got home and tried everything I could think of on escribe. I eventually got it to vape but I couldn't change any settings without escribe. swearing at it didn't help either, although I can't figure out why.

fast forward, I wake up this morning, pick up my device, lo and behold all is as it should be.

my only conclusion is it must have been the magnet and the effect wore off?

if anyone more technical can shed some light other than
( magnets+electronics= :danger: )
it'd be appreciated.

my main reason for writing this is because I know many people carry both a mech and a regulated device. with the proliferation of magnetic switches, accidents happen. I knew it was bad to let them touch, but it just kinda happened. if anyone has ever had a lap full of stuff in the passenger seat, you understand.

anywho, be careful, if this does happen to you, don't panic, and with some luck it will come back to life

Last edited:

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
Oh, its not the magnet.

You can drag your mods around with a magnet and no issues to the screen.
Many regukated mods use magnets to hold the battery door closed.
This is a non issue.
OP either had a glitch or bumped a button.
no and no, the magnet on the mod is all the way by the batteries. the magnet on the bottom of the jux is strongish. magnets+electronics=bad. this is the reason many blackhat hackers have hidden electro ring by their door. if the police take the hard drive out the door it gets erased. thank u for your input but were just going to agree to disagree. right now all the buttons work but the screen is worthless. so a stuck button makes 0 sense

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
no and no, the magnet on the mod is all the way by the batteries. the magnet on the bottom of the jux is strongish. magnets+electronics=bad. this is the reason many blackhat hackers have hidden electro ring by their door. if the police take the hard drive out the door it gets erased. thank u for your input but were just going to agree to disagree. right now all the buttons work but the screen is worthless. so a stuck button makes 0 sense

You are using false logic because you dont understand how your screen works.
The screen on your mod isnt the same as your television or computer monitor.
Without a long boring lesson on magnetic interference either take my word or dont.
A magnet won't affect the display on your mod.
I can guarantee it.

Here:
Thats the magnets from my Abel mod.
Ridiculously strong.
Not a problem.

20160630_131523-1.jpg

I dont know what happened to your mod, but the magnet didnt affect your display.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas

Magnets can affect CRT screens...not LCD ...SCREENS...not the guts, the elctronics...like above posters said. Maybe heat or something, my mods get hotter when I hold them between my legs while driving, makes sense really.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas

Open your mind to those in this forum....

They could have saved me more headaches if I had listened at first

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Magnets+electronics=bad yes, but the magnetic force that it takes to actually damage them is lots more than the consumer magnets we use in our devices. Magnetic force and 100% wipe a hard drive, but it is a very powerful one and it'd take all that and maybe more to damage them further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mindriot

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Dundee, Scotland

It is probably worth keeping in mind that magnetic force affects hard drives like this primarily because the information is stored magnetically on the platter (the disk part) by magnetising or demagnetising tiny areas on the surface. Wiping them with a powerful magnet ruins the arrangement of magnetised and demagnetised areas and subsequently the information stored is no longer recoverable. As zero7starz mentions, this does actually take some pretty serious magnetic force to achieve, I do have some doubts about how effective the setups you describe actually are for this purpose. Regardless, the sensitivity of electronics that store information magnetically doesn't have any impact on the sensitivity of any other kind of electronic device.

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
    You are using false logic because you dont understand how your screen works.
    The screen on your mod isnt the same as your television or computer monitor.
    Without a long boring lesson on magnetic interference either take my word or dont.
    A magnet won't affect the display on your mod.
    I can guarantee it.

Here:
    Thats the magnets from my Abel mod.
    Ridiculously strong.
    Not a problem.

View attachment 573053

I dont know what happened to your mod, but the magnet didnt affect your display.
    maybe it just took a .... than. evolve told me to send it to them and they'll make it right. wismec told me to go fack a goat

could very well be faulty cause and effect, it was the only thing that made sense BC it was working fine two minutes prior

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    maybe it just took a .... than. evolve told me to send it to them and they'll make it right. wismec told me to go fack a goat

could very well be faulty cause and effect, it was the only thing that made sense BC it was working fine two minutes prior

Wisemec sux when it comes to customer service. Horrible company.
    I refuse to buy their gear.
    They dont like to deal with any warranty issues.

Good to hear evolv is doing the right thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread