Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
I bought a wall charger from monoprice, It is rated
Input: AC 100v-240v 50Hz 130mA
output: DC 5.ov_+5 %
1000mA+/- 50 mA

I thought it would be good to vape from my easy chair,rather than tied to my desk top port.

So I hooked it up, vaped better than I ever had.
After a while decided to work at my puter a while. hooked up PT and all of a sudden noticed my PT wasn't working shortly afterwards. I think my battery is dead.

Do any of you have an answer to what happened?

this is the mdl adapter I used

4874 High-Speed WALL Power to USB Female Converter (1000ma) - White
:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
I had the same issue.

I was using my PT for about <1 week. I plugged it into my OLD P4 Lappy and Windows stated there was a "Power Surge on the port". This is standard on this lappy because USB 1.xy was pretty new back then, and any USB HDD I have ever plugged in that powers only off of USB caused this issue.

My PT stopped working a few hours later even plugged in to my main box (where I ususally use it). Well I got mad and took it apary to see if I could figure it out, and possibly fix it.

I noticed the small board on the batt holder had a burnt chip, and it smelled REAL BURNT.

Smell the batt box, and see. Once I noticed this it was obvious that I could have noticed if I actually smelled for burning electronics.

I ripped the batt box appart and tried to USB Straight power the device, to no avail.

So I had to mod my USB Homebrew 901 Straight PT into a 510. It works great!

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
I had the same issue.

I was using my PT for about <1 week. I plugged it into my OLD P4 Lappy and Windows stated there was a "Power Surge on the port". This is standard on this lappy because USB 1.xy was pretty new back then, and any USB HDD I have ever plugged in that powers only off of USB caused this issue.

My PT stopped working a few hours later even plugged in to my main box (where I ususally use it). Well I got mad and took it apary to see if I could figure it out, and possibly fix it.

I noticed the small board on the batt holder had a burnt chip, and it smelled REAL BURNT.

Smell the batt box, and see. Once I noticed this it was obvious that I could have noticed if I actually smelled for burning electronics.

I ripped the batt box appart and tried to USB Straight power the device, to no avail.

So I had to mod my USB Homebrew 901 Straight PT into a 510. It works great!

I took the battery box apart and examined it under Magnifing glass and saw no burnt parts, smelled it no burnt smell. Put it back together, then retried the unit back on same power adapter..it vaped for 2 good puffs then stopped.
I don't have ohm meters to check electrical point ect. so I have it now hooked up out on my patio and am letting it stay hooked up to see if I hear a pop or a power up of the battery. I'm wondering if the wall outlets output of 1000Mah might have overpowered the PT battery, or maybe I just had a bad battery
I feel like a mad scientist, " It's ALIIIIVVVEEEE!!!" , maybe or dead ???

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
mine will work for 1 or 2 puffs, then it acts like it's just...dead. like sucking on a pencil or something. But if I unplug it and plug it right back in, it will work for another puff or two. or if I leave it plugged in and wait for several minutes, it will give me another couple puffs.

thats got to be a pain in the rear

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
I don't really know what I did other than above post.

Now, the pt is back working again on the wall adapter after letting it charge on it for couple of hours.
I think that when I last night plugged it back into my puter port it blew the port.
I put another of my working devices into that port and it didn't even light up..but the other device works on my other ports.

Guess I will keep an Eye on everything to see if it holds up..

Ever have one of those days when anything electrical u touch discharges fast, I think I'm going through that the last 24 hrs..every charged to full e-cig battery is going dead and needing recharging a lot faster than normal..I've had 2 chargers going all morning just changing out E-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread