Pulled over by the popo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuff240

Jan 28, 2015
Portland, Oregon
So I got busted last night. 48 in a 35 right where it switches from 45-35mph. Damn sneaky police!

Funny part was he asked if my car was on fire when he walked up. Asked if he needed to call the fire department. :D

Sorry officer, no, it's just vapor from vaping.

He knew basically nothing about vaping but was very nice about it. He asked "what is that device there". I told him it was a high tech vaping device I'm using to try to quit smoking. You could see in his face he was still curious, but switched back to the problem at hand. I didn't push the subject.

Sigelei 100w and SubTank in the cold weather puts out some serious clouds. :2cool:

edger61

Moved On
Jan 31, 2015
Springfield, MO.
So I got busted last night. 48 in a 35 right where it switches from 45-35mph. Damn sneaky police!

Funny part was he asked if my car was on fire when he walked up. Asked if he needed to call the fire department. :D

He knew basically nothing about vaping but was very nice about it. He asked "what is that device there". I told him it was a high tech vaping device I'm using to try to quit smoking. You could see in his face he was still curious, but switched back to the problem at hand. I didn't push the subject.

Sigelei 100w and SubTank in the cold weather puts out some serious clouds. :2cool:

Coulda been a wise-..., and told him you were playing with a new electrical initiation device...

Bryan Smith

Jan 31, 2015

My buddy got pulled over for just chucking the clouds, cop asked what he was smoking on cuz it smelled funny "am i going to have to search your vehicle?" When my buddy told him what it was he was like "you got all that off of an e-cig?" Guess he was used to the ego style and my buddy was pushing a .1 ohm twisted wire build in his doge. Anyways the cop asked him to show him since he didn't believe it and they ended up laughing it off on the side of the road, no search or anything. Still, he was a douche for profiling based on clouds and "smell".

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
My buddy got pulled over for just chucking the clouds, cop asked what he was smoking on cuz it smelled funny "am i going to have to search your vehicle?" When my buddy told him what it was he was like "you got all that off of an e-cig?" Guess he was used to the ego style and my buddy was pushing a .1 ohm twisted wire build in his doge. Anyways the cop asked him to show him since he didn't believe it and they ended up laughing it off on the side of the road, no search or anything. Still, he was a douche for profiling based on clouds and "smell".

He may have been a d-bag, but that's actually reasonable cause to search a car. Fully legal. I doubt most cops know what MJ smells like :p

Well, smell is what they have to go by. That is how a DUI usually starts. They have every right. All you can do is offer to demonstrate, open the atomizer, or hand it over. They are just doing their jobs. If I see a cop while I'm driving, and don't have time to deal with him, I set the cruise control, stop vaping until that cop is gone, and go on with my life.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

You're lucky. The cops that were here the other night almost shot me 'cause they thought my VAMO was a gun

Hazy :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread