Pulse by Limitless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I couldn't wait to get one of these, love the futuristic/sci-fi looks. So disappointed when I finally got it and tried it out. I didn't even bring a backup to work because I was so sure it was going to be awesome once I got acclimated to it. That was last night, tonight I have all my backups, and decided to tear into the pod. I plan to replace the silica with cotton when I get home as I was getting dry hits now and then. I've never used silica, but it doesn't wick as fast as cotton correct? Hoping it gets better. If I do rebuild, I only have 26ga kanthal, or some ss316l, don't recall what size that is. But I shouldn't try to build lower? Should I build higher, or just keep it the same?

Reactions: David Wolf

Jond

Apr 12, 2017
TORONTO
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Jond

Apr 12, 2017
TORONTO
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Has anyone tried this with 50/50 juice? I would imagine that would cut down on the dry hitting. Also, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced flooding/juice in the mouth with this? Seems like all of these tend to do it, but it's a huge peeve of mine.
Rewicking with cotton stopped dry hits for me, and the lowest I used was 60/40. Constant juice in the mouth though. I sold mine. Really wanted it to work out, but it just didn't even have the type of hit I wanted. Myjet is doing it for me now, while I await my phix. Also watched the 12 juno review posted in that thread, apparently they've redesigned their pods already, and stopping juice from escaping through the mouthpiece was one of the things they fixed. I think I'm gonna have to get one to try since it's only $10. I really expect to love the phix, but won't hurt to have it around.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Rewicking with cotton stopped dry hits for me, and the lowest I used was 60/40. Constant juice in the mouth though. I sold mine. Really wanted it to work out, but it just didn't even have the type of hit I wanted. Myjet is doing it for me now, while I await my phix. Also watched the 12 juno review posted in that thread, apparently they've redesigned their pods already, and stopping juice from escaping through the mouthpiece was one of the things they fixed. I think I'm gonna have to get one to try since it's only $10. I really expect to love the phix, but won't hurt to have it around.

Thanks much! You just saved me another pod system that I'd throw away. I just don't get how these make it out the door with getting juice in the mouth...unreal. Myjet did the same thing for me too, but I didn't bother trying to toy with it and rebuild etc.

hmm, I'll look into these others thanks. If you ever find an open/refillable system that gives a tight draw and doesn't dump juice in your mouth, let me know :)

Fogmister

Jul 28, 2017
Louisiana
Hey I hope someone is still watching this. I've been having issues with mine. No matter how many times I hit the power button, I can't reliably turn it on. I never have trouble turning it off though. Anyone else run into this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I had that problem twice. Both times I wiped off the contacts on the pod, and the stick, and it started working again. Your case may be something different but I'd try it if you haven't already.
And just to weigh in on the Pulse itself, I used one for a few weeks (using nic salts). Good flavor and pretty good vapor production. Definitely sleek, stealthy, and easy to use. Mine began spitting nic though so I stopped using it. Also, at only 8 watts, it doesn't really warm the nic up at all, the device I'm using now has 16 watts and the nic gets warm. Once I experienced that, it was hard for me to go back to the Pulse. If not for the spitting though, I'd still use it as a backup. There was a lot I liked about it and flavor wise, it's pretty darn good. Also, be careful not to put the gasket in too deep when replacing it after refilling, I ruined a pod doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread