Awesome setup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmanev

Jul 8, 2018
Well I decided to switch from a sub ohm system to a pod type setup. Based on what a friend told me the pen type could last all day on a charge and use about 1ml of fluid. Apparently he doesn't use it very much because I had different results.

After getting a kandypens rubi which I liked because you can refill the pod I realized the battery lasted about 3-4 hours. This led me to buy a limitless marquee with the pulse pods which should have solved my battery problems. The pulse pods sucked because they are harder to fill and I got dry hits from it.

Low and behold I stuck the pod from the rubi pen in the limitless mod and it works amazing. Also I love it because I can see how much fluid is still in the pod without removing it.

I've gone through probably 20 different setups of ecigarettes and this is probably by far my favorite.

IMG_0942.JPG

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
That's neat but is there any benefit to using a pod instead of an RTA like the Kayfun Prime or Berserker? Does the adapter have draw activation or do you need push the button on the mod?

Another option might be to carry more than one of the small pod device batteries. I usually carry 2. In addition to extra battery life, it gives me an additional filled pod and a backup in case something fails.

I'd like to see a company make an RTA the size and shape of a pod.... with draw activation. That would be cool. The pods are the recurring cost. Also, the pods can be finicky.

mcmanev

Jul 8, 2018
There are a number of reasons I like this setup.

To get an idea, prior to using this I was using a wismec rx2 21700 with a fireluke freemax and sextuple coils. This worked fine but I was buying 120ml bottles of fluid at 6mg. The device was rather large it's kinda loud when you use it and there are huge clouds.

With the new setup it's a 2400mah battery that could probably last for days or even a week. With a 45mg salt liquid I can buy 30ml bottle that lasts a while. I'm also not walking around making giant clouds. It's much more discreet and I'm still basically getting the same amount of nicotine.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I guess I'm seeing them as 2 opposite extremes and a MTL RTA as the middle ground. For me it's the longevity and price of the pods that's the biggest factor. I don't need the battery to last a week but that is cool. I'm glad that there are so many choices to suit so many different preferences and it's great that you found something that works well for you. I'm still looking for the perfect pod.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I have to admit that I've never really seen the benefit to the pod systems. I like the idea of draw activation but they remind me so much of the old cigalikes my mates used to get out of WHSmiths.

You're in the wrong section of the forum--haha! ;)

I don't see any benefit of "clouds". Why lug around a huge mod just to chuck huge clouds with low concentration nicotine liquid when you can get a satisfying amount of nicotine from a higher concentration and less vapor on a more convenient and portable pod mod. When I drink a beer, I crack open a bottle and drink it leisurely. I don't dilute that beer with a gallon of non alcoholic beer and chug it through a funnel and tube--haha! The clouds trend isn't for me. Sub Ohm vaping and cloud chasing is good for the eliquid companies though! ...unless you make your own. Cloud chasing requires buying a lot more eliquid.

The old devices didn't deliver enough nicotine. Salt nic wasn't popular yet. The concentration of the eliquids was low. And the devices didn't produce enough vapor. Now devices can deliver a much more satisfying amount of nicotine with vapor production that is similar to the smoke production of a cigarette.

It's good that there's so many options. I haven't found the perfect device for me but it will be something portable and convenient for someone on the go.

JUUL-E-Cigarette-Review-Nicotine-Salts.png

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
For me, a guy who doesn't carry a purse, it's seasonal.
In the fall spring winter when I've got a jacket, I'll carry a better mod, which is heavier and larger, but which will fit in a side pocket without issues.
In the summer, when I'm wearing a shirt with a breast pocket, if I put a serious mod in it, then it's like carrying a brick on my chest.
For me, that's the draw of a pod.
I like the Aspire Breeze 2, which I think works very nicely, and in my pocket I also tuck a Juul, which I like much less, but is my backup in case I forgot to check the Breeze battery level and juice level before heading out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread