Punched cartos vs. Slotted cartos for J-tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
Hey all. I recently purchased a J-tank and noticed the cartos I got with it have tiny nail punches instead of the slots I see in all the pictures and reviews.

I didnt think it would be a big deal but I notice these aren't really working with the tank as well as I expected. It's not really sucking in juice too well. Especially my all VG juices (bought this thinking it'd be fine based on PBusardo's review)

Only thing I can think of is that the holes are too small?

Anyone else order recently and have hole punched cartos? How are you finding those work compared to the slots?

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
I like the holes a lot better. The slots worked okay as well but i think the holes work better. The slots can be done yourself with a dremel if you like but we have a machine now that lets us do the holes much faster. The slots were VERY time consuming for us to do. But if you have a dremel handy you can do that pretty easy. Now as far as filling.. I will paste this below as this is how we fill and refill them and maybe you arent doing it the correct way. I use Bobas bounty etc and some other pretty thick juices like all VG Bounty Hunter in mine and never have an issue. Another thing to watch for is to look in the carto and make sure you can see through the air hole. If you cant.. use a paperclip and re align it.

you are probably not filling properly…

To fill.

Remove one side of tank completely.

Insert fresh cartomizer.

(inspect carto to make sure you can see through air hole, if not use paper clip to align hole)

Fill Tank almost 7/8 full.

Gently press top back onto tank and it will force liquid in through holes/slits.

look @ top of carto, it should still be dry, drip some juice in and let it sit for a minute, then blow onto paper towel.

Attatch to device.

Do a few dry pulls on tank to make sure juice is going and then vape.

If you ever think you are going a little dry do some dry pulls without activating device.

you should not have any more issues.

To refill carto remove tank from device.

Push threaded end into carto until you can add juice.

Add juice.

push carto back to position

wipe clean

enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread