Status
Not open for further replies.

MiXoLoGiSt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
SoCal
Ok so i have figured out a nice and convenient way to punch cartos. Much props to the reviewers who have posted videos about this. Shan B also said a good tip about cutting the cartomizer condom or sleeve so it holds it more steady and i use this method to hold the cartomizer steady. Now i found the main problem after that was holding the nail steady and firmly enough to be able to punch it easily. I found a solution.

2z80w3p.jpg

There is your solution folks. I started using the nail I punch my cartos with to remove the soft caps in the cartos and it hit me, You can use the soft caps as a grip on the nail to punch the cartos. So on my nail I have 10 soft caps which form a rubber ribbed grip on the nail to hold it steady while punching cartos.

Hope this helps you all out!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The simplest way to punch cartos is to make a 2 x 4 wood jig, you just drill a hole so the carto fits in it and then another small hole from the top down into the other hole. Take a regular carpenters punch and sharpen it to a point on a belt sander and your good to go.

Or you can buy a metal one here = http://www.vapor-age.com/Jig-Punch-for-Cartos_p_62.html
But there also simple to make from a regular old 2 x 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread