Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Anyone ever used the Pure Atomist Kanthal A1? I'm seeing the stuff on Amazon for about half the price from Temco. I'm all for a good deal, but this seems too good perhaps!

Just looking for opinions of those who've used it, or who can provide info about where the wire is made, etc. Thanks in advance for the responses!

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Ok, well no responses here, but I did have a discussion about this in another forum.

At the end of the day, I took chance and made the purchase. Worst case, I was out $11. I believe I really came out ahead on this one!

Package from Amazon was hands down the best from a wire supplier. Spool was professionally labeled and sealed in its own electronics grade pouch. Package arrived literally the day after I ordered it...that's fast, even for Prime!

I sent the folks at Pure Atomist an email, asking pointed questions about quality and sourcing...the response I got was courteous, professional, and best of all HONEST.

Here's the response I received (it took 48 hrs):
"We are more than happy to answer any questions you have! I apologize for the late response, this message was filed away by Tina.

- Of course, we would always rate our product as number 1! In terms of other resistance wire suppliers, it is a bit difficult to compare as we are all selling the same product, it would kinda be like trying to compare whose water taste better, it's all water and comes down to a matter of preference! We do, however, put our wire through three additional purges (or cleaning processes) after the wire is received from our supplier: once when the raw wire arrives, once before it is spooled, and once as it is spooled.

- The raw metals used to produce our wire are sourced from across the globe. As for the metallurgical process, we use a Domestic and Overseas foundry depending on the demand. In order to ensure we receive optimal product from both suppliers, the owner of Pure Atomist spent some time with each of them and had the opportunity to see the wire created soup to nuts.

- There are certainly quality controls for all of our products including wire. The wire is checked through every stage of the process from receipt to packaging for the consumer / wholesaler. It is checked for resistance, diameter, impurities, etc.. In addition, the wire goes through an additional in house cleaning process as mentioned earlier.

We're always here to help. If you ever do encounter a problem with any of our products, our Customer Service team will do everything they can to correct the situation.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at any time. We also highly recommend checking out our Instagram for updates on Pure Atomist and awesome builds from The Atomist Team!"

The wire functions exactly as expected, and I couldn't be happier with a purchase. I can certainly say, that you can buy from Pure Atomist with confidence!

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
image.jpg
Just used the Pure Atomist 26g wrapped on 2.4mm at 7 wraps. Reading .48.

Reactions: KY_Rob

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I have been using UD Kanthal for about the past 3 months. I go it for $6 at a store called Vaporgenerics . So far I believe kanthal wire is the best option to go for.

Thanks for posting and welcome to ECF! Just so you're aware, the price I was talking about was for a 250' spool for $11. The same quantity of wire at the price you're paying would cost $50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread