Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Next up: Whiskey. First goal is some of these: "We import tender, organic dried Calabacita figs from a small family farm in Spain then fill them ourselves with a silky smooth, whiskey infused Valrhona dark chocolate ganache. They are then hand-dipped in 62% dark chocolate" from a website. Doesn't that sound awesome!

I saved a Whiskey project until now because I don't care to drink real whiskey, and this smells just like it. Since I found out I like Gin with fruity vapes, I'm motivated to see what Whiskey can do.

Looking at my flavors spreadsheet, this might be the last one I have to do a new project with. Time for FA to come up with really new flavors, like ginger, gingerbread, CAKE we can vape, tequila, carrot cake!, pumpkin pie filling, pecan, and how about a toasted coconut I can really work with. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my FA collection.

What flavors have you guys got gathering dust?

Pecan! Yum.

I can only speak for TFA Bourbon. Yep. It's bourbon. I had the whiskey on a PureVapes order last time, but cancelled it. Kinda glad, though. The TFA really won't be used much either.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
I think I'm fixing to clean the old crock pot up and put it away until chile season, about November. :) With VT nic I don't think I'm gonna need it.

Has anyone else(we2rcool) tested the need to steep FA tobaccos with VT nic? I mixed up some English Blend two days ago and gave it a shake and thought it tasted pretty good. Today, I really can't tell much difference from it and my batch that is crock pot steeped and two days older.

I've been vaping Maxx Blend a lot and got a good handle on the flavor. I just mixed some up, shook it real good, let it rest for a few and the flavor profile is there. I'm fairly confident it will get a bit richer and smoother within a few days.
Maxx blend a favourite of mine to, a recipe i found on ecf god knows where, which was a good few months back, which is always on the go daily, if you care to try,
tobacco recipe to make 60ml 20%p/g 80%v/g add your preferred nic then add flavours.
40 drops maxx-blend
25 drops desert ship
10 drops cuban surpreme
5 drops ethol maltol
5 drops mts vap wizard there was no percentages, so it's only by drops.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Anybody know if the FDA might consider FA's tobacco flavors to be derived from tobacco? In other words, are their flavors derived directly from tobacco, or non-tobacco derived flavors combined to mimic tobacco?

Some of their flavors seem to be derived from tobacco. Their 7Leaves for example is sometimes green and sometimes not. The explanation according to one vendor who sells the pre-mixed is that tobacco leaves are usually green at harvest time ..... Read into that what you will.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
Some of their flavors seem to be derived from tobacco. Their 7Leaves for example is sometimes green and sometimes not. The explanation according to one vendor who sells the pre-mixed is that tobacco leaves are usually green at harvest time ..... Read into that what you will.
so vendor saying we sell unstable tobacco, no fermentation, no curing, no ageing, 'green' unbelievable.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Anybody know if the FDA might consider FA's tobacco flavors to be derived from tobacco? In other words, are their flavors derived directly from tobacco, or non-tobacco derived flavors combined to mimic tobacco?

I can't comment on what the FDA might think, but FA does use some natural extracts in some of their flavors. A snippet from them:
"Flavours can be quite simple blends of just a few raw materials, but often are extremely complex blends of essential oils, flavour chemical compounds, natural extracts, distillates,and absolutes." That's from here: Creativity | FlavourArt.it

They also make a point of explaining why they use synthetic ingredients for vaping products: "synthetic flavorings are simpler in composition and potentially safer because only safety-test components are utilized.." from here: About flavours | FlavourArt.it

Given these two pages that would lead me to different conclusions, I'd recommend contacting FA directly if you want to know for certain whether actual tobacco is used in producing their tobacco flavorings.

Oh - here's info about tobacco in particular, from their Romanian site apparently, translated from Italian, dated 2011: http://flavourart.hesk.com/knowledgebase.php?article=15 "In addition, flavors containing, as example, vanillin, cyclotene, furaneol or other furanones, thiazoles ans sulphur compounds tend to darken with age, or flavors that contain natural extracts (which may contain carotenoid pigments or other color bringing hydrocarbons ) for all the reasons explained above, may perform differently.
( a typical example is our Maxx-Blend tobacco flavor. Fresh compounded it has a light green color that turns to amber yellow with time)"

I'd still verify personally.

Last edited:

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
Thanks for the Dark Vapure replies! I feel better about it, kinda. My experience seems to be in line with we2rcool's. When I vape my 1% I get a sense that something is there that I just don't taste, somewhat the same as I get with butterscotch vapes.

Mine arrived today, and I'd agree it's not stinky at all in the bottle - I had to squeeze a drop out to be able to smell it! Not sure when I'll get round to trying it, since it came with 34 other flavours :)

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
I never thought I would want fig..... just goes to show you may as well just buy every dang FA flavor there is because you know HIC is going to come up with something awesome lol

As long as HIC doesn't get into florals or tobaccos, I'll be ready for anything once my order from Italy arrrives!

Bergamot, Cardamom, Cucumber, Fig fresh, Fuji, Mangosteen, Peach white, Pepper black, Tomato ripe, aaaand... Bread Crust - couldn't resist finding out what it smells like at least :ohmy:

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
As long as HIC doesn't get into florals or tobaccos, I'll be ready for anything once my order from Italy arrrives!

Bergamot, Cardamom, Cucumber, Fig fresh, Fuji, Mangosteen, Peach white, Pepper black, Tomato ripe, aaaand... Bread Crust - couldn't resist finding out what it smells like at least :ohmy:

No florals for me. Tried a couple, but it was like vaping granny's perfume.

Cumumber's fun - very refreshing. Cucumber, tomato, a grind of black pepper, maybe a squeeze of lime - that'd be a unique vape!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Hey HIC be sure to update when you try the whiskey. I didn't get it because of the ish reviews really want a good whiskey and coke vape

I wish you had it so you could tell me what brand it's most like. I don't know whiskeys well at all. I figure FA, being an Italian company, would make one that's a favorite with Italians, and that seems to be blended malt whiskeys. Looks like Italian distilleries are known for those. Can anyone with FA Whiskey tell me if this is "blended malt" Whiskey flavor?

I've never vaped it plain - I'll have to work up to that. I made a simple whiskey-caramel sauce, just a hint of whiskey. Pretty tasty, would go with apple or in various dessert flavors.

Of course I got distracted immediately. Found a website with gourmet caramel sauces and want to do these: amaretto caramel, chardonnay-peach caramel, spicy mango madness caramel...

I am having so much fun with my creamy cocktail liquor cabinet, and this popped up: http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/boozy-desserts-that-want-to-be-your-drinking-buddy-on-sai WOW - great inspirations, and so many would be great with FA flavors! I've gotta make a vape version of that Baileys Hazelnut Chocolate Tiramisu.

Back to Whiskey, I've made rough recipes (just on paper) for Bailey's cheesecake with whiskey caramel sauce, maple-whiskey ice cream, those fresh figs with whiskey-cocoa ganache, cocoa-caramel whiskey balls, hot toddy, grilled honey peaches, a few others. Haven't even looked at bartender recipes yet. Where to start?!

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
The Whisky certainly has quite an aroma to it! I'm no expert at all, but it's not unlike the aroma of something like Laphroaig, a 10yr single malt scotch.

No florals for me. Tried a couple, but it was like vaping granny's perfume.

Good! Yes, and not something I want in my vapour trail either!

Bilberry on the other hand, walking back into a room where I've been vaping it, is fantastic :)

Cumumber's fun - very refreshing. Cucumber, tomato, a grind of black pepper, maybe a squeeze of lime - that'd be a unique vape!

Maybe a bit of gin too :D

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
It was probably a couple weeks ago I was experimenting and made this. After a 4 hour crock pot session, I wasn't sure if I liked it. After sitting these last couple weeks, it mellowed a bit and gave the flavors more time to know each other. Derby has come and gone, but this pie in "these here parts" is always popular. It's a lot of ingredients, I hope you enjoy!

Derby Pie (All FA, unless noted otherwise).

1.5% Nut Mix
1.0% Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% Brown Sugar (TFA)
0.5% Marshmallow (CAPS)
0.5% Vanilla Classic
0.5% Cocoa
0.5% Fresh Cream
0.5% KY Bourbon (TFA)
1.5% Apple Pie
0.5% Cookie

Again, FA really does need a nice Pecan flavor, in order to make this proper. You could use walnut, I suppose. Butterscotch or Caramel could be nice, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread