Pure VG and dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 11, 2010
Arizona
As skeptical as I was about dripping, I had to give it a shot. I'm starting to get the hang of it now and not flooding the atty which took a while to learn.

So now I seem to be having an issue with pure VG juice and my drip tip. I'm not sure how many different types of tips are on the market, but I purchased this one from DIYflavorshack (Dawn is great btw!) and its a tad bit longer than the drip tip a friend of mine uses. The problem is that when I drip pure VG, it doesn't seem to be able to go down easily. I end up having to pull off the tip and put it back on. Seems like there's some pressure built up inside the chamber not allowing the juice to flow.

I don't have the problem with 20/80 pg/vg mixes which is still fairly thick. These seem to flow right down. I'm currently vaping Boba's Bounty and Vaperite's Bananas Foster which are both very thick, the Foster's being even more so.

So is anyone else having this issue with this? What have you done to remedy it? It's quite frustrating and defeats the purpose of a drip tip if I'm having to remove it each time. TIA for your help/opinions.

Vapomaniac

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Long Island
I drip 100% VG, and have found that it's easiest to just remove the drip tip and drip directly into the atty. But I do have a short plastic tip that has an opening wide enough for VG.

Also, if you have an eGo or some clone thereof, you can get a Mega Atty with a Mega drip tip. That thing is wide enough to drip pure molasses.

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
This is very common with VG based liquids, just give the drip tip a little flick or blow slightly into the tip, removing the drip tip just defeats the purpose of the DT in general. I recently picked up a Pyrex drip tip from theecig.com and VG based juice goes right down, well the first drop gets hung up a little but once the second and third go in they just push it right through. They are a bit pricey but deffinately worth it, they seem to give a stronger throat hit as well.

Law

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 11, 2010
Arizona
I drip 100% VG, and have found that it's easiest to just remove the drip tip and drip directly into the atty. But I do have a short plastic tip that has an opening wide enough for VG.

Also, if you have an eGo or some clone thereof, you can get a Mega Atty with a Mega drip tip. That thing is wide enough to drip pure molasses.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned which equipment I was using in the OP. Yes I am currently using a 650 eGo battery with a standard size LR atty. I'll start shopping around for a Mega Atty and Mega drip tip. I think that should solve my problems since I love vaping BB.

Vapomaniac

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Long Island
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned which equipment I was using in the OP. Yes I am currently using a 650 eGo battery with a standard size LR atty. I'll start shopping around for a Mega Atty and Mega drip tip. I think that should solve my problems since I love vaping BB.

A lot of vendors sell them. I got mine from LitCig. The atty was a few $$ cheaper there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread