purge 21700 dual series side piece mech builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
If your just wanting that hot vape. I have a 30mm overpowered RDA on my sidepiece and a .75 is hot as hell. When I say hot,I can only hit it for a few seconds and still cloud the room up.

Don't go below .35 on a series device no need to.
What gauge wire and what kind. Just for the hell of it a while back I built dual 20 gauge nichrome 80 coils, 15 wraps around a 3.5mm jig. ohmed out at .25. Needless to say I took them out after a few puffs. Surprisingly not hot at all, just huge clouds. I just wanted to see what it was like. Maybe you are using a thinner gauge? I did go back to .35 and that is where I keep it. Not 20 gauge either. I have the 21700 sidepiece. do you have the 21700 or the 18650 sidepiece thin. Big difference between those two. I have used both and much prefer the 35 amp 21700 30t batteries over the 30 amp 18650 batteries.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
I am running 4mm i.d. 316 SS 26 gauge at .75 . SS is all I use now unless I'm using one of my MTL devices.
Edit:
My side piece is not a slim side piece. And I run Samsung 30T's all the time.
Oh, interesting. When I use 316 ss it's usually 22 gauge. The only other 316 ss gauge I have is 24. I have never used the 24 gauge. What ohm do you recommend for 24 gauge? How many wraps around a 4mm jig? I have been building coils for many years and only use mechs with RDA's but if you can recommend the ohms I can do the rest. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. thank you, Jeff

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Oh, interesting. When I use 316 ss it's usually 22 gauge. The only other 316 ss gauge I have is 24. I have never used the 24 gauge. What ohm do you recommend for 24 gauge? How many wraps around a 4mm jig? I have been building coils for many years and only use mechs with RDA's but if you can recommend the ohms I can do the rest. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. thank you, Jeff
I have a dual coil build of 7 wraps each. You can leave one wrap out if you like . I prefer the 7 wrap though I can hit it a few seconds longer. The flavor (depending on RDA used) is exceptional. Mine is a 30mm Overpowered RDA. Unfortunately they went out of business due to shipping and everything else.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
I have a dual coil build of 7 wraps each. You can leave one wrap out if you like . I prefer the 7 wrap though I can hit it a few seconds longer. The flavor (depending on RDA used) is exceptional. Mine is a 30mm Overpowered RDA. Unfortunately they went out of business due to shipping and everything else.
how many wraps or how many ohms for dual 24 gauge ss 316 wire?

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
I just built dual nichrome 90 25 gauge coils. 16 wraps on a 3mm jig. ohmed out at .46ohms. WOW, thanks for the tip. big clouds and not too hot. Good flavor too. Now to start building on other RDA's with thinner wire. I guess I might not sub ohm build for a while. I have done about a dozen builds on my sidepiece so far all sub ohms with 20g, 21g, and 22g wire only. Now to build some more using higher gauges. Jeff

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I just built dual nichrome 90 25 gauge coils. 16 wraps on a 3mm jig. ohmed out at .46ohms. WOW, thanks for the tip. big clouds and not too hot. Good flavor too. Now to start building on other RDA's with thinner wire. I guess I might not sub ohm build for a while. I have done about a dozen builds on my sidepiece so far all sub ohms with 20g, 21g, and 22g wire only. Now to build some more using higher gauges. Jeff
Glad I could help. Pick up some 26 gauge SS ,you will enjoy it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread