purge copper stacked dual 26650 competition mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
Reading over the thread sounds like more fuel to be added to the fire from the FDA.

I am not going to reply though because it sounds like you clearly are lacking stacked mech. Info ??

Have a nice day.
yes, I was actually lacking info for stacked mech mods that's why I originally started this thread. When it comes to any/all else e-cig mods, series and parallel box mods and single battery mech mods I think it's safe to say after building with all else, except stacked mechs, I know everything there is to know about building on rdas and have been building on them for the past 5+ years. I know ohms law and have used steamengine for so long I have practically memorized how to get to certain ohms in my rdas with different gauges of kanthal, nichrome, and ss (plus ni200 and titanium for temperate control mode). I also own 3 expensive ohm meters that accurately read to the thousandth, not the hundredth like some. thanks, Jeff

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Reading over the thread sounds like more fuel to be added to the fire from the FDA.

I am not going to reply though because it sounds like you clearly are lacking stacked mech. Info ??

Have a nice day.

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
adjective
adjective: passive-aggressive
  1. of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.

:pop: :thumbs:

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
Now that I know the answer to my original question that stacked mech mods run in series not parallel I am all set for building and safely using one. I should have known my lowest build on it like I asked about is .28ohms. Same as my build in my dual series box mod with the same dual ijoy 26650 batteries. So I am building .41ohm, better safe than sorry. Thanks to everyone here that helped me out, without you guys and gals I'd still be under my horrible and VERY DANGEROUS!!! impression that a stacked mech mod is parallel but actually a stacked mech mod is a series mod as you guys and gals have explained to me here. At least I had enough sense to ask all of you how my first stacked mech mod operates. I have been using all other devices for so long I guess a stacked mech mod just never made it's way into my possession before. thanks, Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: GamblerMagic

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
It still baffles me how you could have thought a stacked mod could ever be parallel, but I am pleased you know how to vape safely. :thumb:

Now to the real question... why on earth does anyone need a stacked mod in the first place?! Lol :D. Always seen them as the answer to the question no one asked. That, or maybe the vape of choice for a Jedi...

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
I thought since my parallel box mods have all batteries in the same direction, negative at the bottom and positive at the top, and my series box mods have one battery going negative at bottom positive at top and the next battery positive at bottom and negative at top that my stacked mech mod was parallel because the batteries were going in the same direction as each other like my parallel box mods. However last night a friend stopped by who vapes on an ego (so he does not have a history with vaping on powerful hardware like all my mods I own). After asking him about it he explained it clearly so I understood it in 20 seconds. Basically the way he explained it was with led light strips he happened to have been using at work that day. In a parallel circuit imagine all his strand of lights all connected together. Instead of each light connected one after the other light to light they are all connected separately, in sort of a mini-circuit for each light. So if he unplugged a light in parallel the others would all stay on. In series if he unplugged a light then all the lights went out because he disrupted the flow/path of current/electricity in the wire before and after each light. I know what I'm trying to explain here but I'm not sure if I got my point across or not. I hope that I am clear with that explanation. thanks anyway, Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread