Puromizers from Janty

Status
Not open for further replies.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Janty just released two new products one of which is a cartomizer with a twist. It's caled a puromizer. It has a slat you open on the side and pour the liquid into. It holds 2 mls of liquid. It produces tons of vapor Id say about the same as a 1.5-1.8ohm. It has a window on one side where you can see your liquid and a fill take on the other. It's super easy to use. Innovation at its finest. The great part about it is that it is lasting forever and there is no filller material inside.

www.janty.com

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
When you say dead does that mean they are not heating up and producing vapor? Do you have a way to measure the resistance of the dead ones? Sorry for all the questions but this makes me not want to buy these if they cost $16 and only last three days. I've had good experience with janty products in the past but I can get more than ten boge cartos for $16 and 20-30 days of total usage from those ten cartos @ 3-4 ml per day. Hopefully they are just QC issues that will get worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Bought two that arrived last Monday, both are dead as of this morning, average of 3 days worth of use on each...Hoping this is just a fluke as they were awesome when they worked...Been using Janty since the early days of the KB, always have had good luck up 'til now...

I would return them they have a warranty. Ive had mine for 2 weeks now. Still going strong. Honestly Geo you'd probably be better off buying a kit from Janty. The neo classic is great I just had to rave about it a little bit here.

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
Actually the LEDs are a negative for me. Is there a way to turn them off? Does the Neo run at a different voltage than an Ego? I'll probably just get a puromizer to start but nobody is saying how much liquid they have run thru them before they die so I'll wait until a longer term review or two come out.

xpnsvtoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2008
Winchester, Va
When you say dead does that mean they are not heating up and producing vapor? Do you have a way to measure the resistance of the dead ones? Sorry for all the questions but this makes me not want to buy these if they cost $16 and only last three days. I've had good experience with janty products in the past but I can get more than ten boge cartos for $16 and 20-30 days of total usage from those ten cartos @ 3-4 ml per day. Hopefully they are just QC issues that will get worked out.

They are dead, no resistance, no continuity...Hope it's just a fluke.

Opened a ticket with Janty, first response was to clean them, which won't work if it's dead...After another comment, they offered to replace them, hopefully the next batch will be good...

Really hoping for the no mess, no fuss and longevity these were intended to have...

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
They are only on the neo battery not the puromizer. I read in the Janty forums and appearntly these are onlt meant to used with the neo classic

Well, no.

Ludo and Mik of Janty said that the puromizers are 100% backward compatible with previous eGo batteries. They *suggest* using the Neo batteries because they are "tuned" to the Neo puromizer as a whole. (take that for what it's worth. If I was in the business of selling of e-cigs, especially a new release item, I would say something similar)

Basically, what have here appears to be a CE2 of some sort with a window opening for filling. That's cool, but hardly reinventing the wheel. I've owned Janty products before and I've been happy with them but I think I need some more input from users after some time passes.

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
the puromizers were a negative experience for me. dry hit unless plug is open, they very slow leak out of the viewing window, they get fluid into the air tube(gurgles), and eventually into the battery, since i got auto bats not good, this will cause issues. the neo classic auto bats are good, and i am really taken with the kuwako, the puromizer on the other hand is just another non perfected ce2, and another let down.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
This is exactly what Mik said.

The puromizer is ment to be used with a Janty NEO Classic battery - if youre using an ego clone, your experience in burnt taste may vary, seeing as some of these clones are definately not delivering the balanced output that we want them to, in order to have a nice vaping experience with the Puromizer.

As far as we know, there is one problem - and this problem is limited to certain scenarios:

When smoking the auto batt, it helps to remove the silicone ring at the end of the battery (covering the LED) for those users who feel its getting a bit too hot/burnt.

Now, as for the rest goes, when people are using the neo classic batteries (auto or manual) with a good PG liquid, then there are minimal to no problems. The problems come from people using "PG" liquid, that is infact a bit too thick, or from using mods with the puromizer that deliver too much voltage/or clones of the ego, delivering a non balanced output.

Just thought id set this straight. If you want the full NEO classic experience, get a full neo classic set, and use a good PG liquid on it (Janty / others that are infact PG, and not 50/50 mixes)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I too received two dodgy puromizers with my Neo kit - dry hits, wicking issues and atties making the mouthpiece hot ... using Janty PG Elixir. So there is definitely a QC issue going on in the production of some of these.

Returned the two puros to vendor and asked him to test my replacements before sending to me, just to cut down on the chance of getting two more faulty ones. I'm on my second day with the replacements now and they seem to be working well so far...although one needs the refill flap opened now and then as otherwise the flavour diminishes. Such an annoying glitch. I'll bear with it for the time being but Janty please sort it out in the long-run. Thanks!

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh

The puromizer is ment to be used with a Janty NEO Classic battery - if youre using an ego clone, your experience in burnt taste may vary, seeing as some of these clones are definately not delivering the balanced output that we want them to, in order to have a nice vaping experience with the Puromizer.

As far as we know, there is one problem - and this problem is limited to certain scenarios:

When smoking the auto batt, it helps to remove the silicone ring at the end of the battery (covering the LED) for those users who feel its getting a bit too hot/burnt.

Now, as for the rest goes, when people are using the neo classic batteries (auto or manual) with a good PG liquid, then there are minimal to no problems. The problems come from people using "PG" liquid, that is infact a bit too thick, or from using mods with the puromizer that deliver too much voltage/or clones of the ego, delivering a non balanced output.

Just thought id set this straight. If you want the full NEO classic experience, get a full neo classic set, and use a good PG liquid on it (Janty / others that are infact PG, and not 50/50 mixes)

IMO releasing a starter kit that can only be used with PG liquids is Mega fail.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida

There is a lot of propaganda and not a lot of fact coming from janty.

1) The neo manual battery is an Ego battery. No amount of LED lights is going to change this fact, whats more it appears to be a non regulated ego battery really putting a damper on Janty's "specially balance" claims.

2) There are reports on users on many forums including this one of people having problems with the puromizers to include, leaking, burning, dry hits. This includes people who bought the kit and people who bought just the puromizer. So there does appear to be a Quality Control problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread