• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

"Push Pop" pass thru mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitsucka

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Tin Hill
hehe it isnt lead free, it just has a small amount of silver in it. true silver soldering requires a flame torch as the soft solder we use in electronics needs the lead content due to the relatively low temperatures of the soldering iron

try to use silver solder hor ..... its lead-less ........ :X

circuitsucka

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Tin Hill
There.... Took half an hour to make this mod today..,,

Sent from my iPhone
SS GGTS #308 & #1028, UFS, Megalodon, Xhaler, SuperTanker

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321970094.323281.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321970094.323281.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321970109.670144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321970109.670144.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 12

circuitsucka

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Tin Hill
This one made for a friend and I had only 1 spare batt for him.....I am on a gg and Ufs ..... Only time I Vape something else is when I do a 306 atty with different flavours to refresh the palate. Seriously, the hype is really all justified. The gg is the best and most consistent Vape I have ever had

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

big-fish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Portland
This one made for a friend and I had only 1 spare batt for him.....I am on a gg and Ufs ..... Only time I Vape something else is when I do a 306 atty with different flavours to refresh the palate. Seriously, the hype is really all justified. The gg is the best and most consistent Vape I have ever had

Sent from my iPhone

Side track but I noticed your sig says GTTS :p

Got question. I am not an electronic person. So I made a boxmod...hurray. Then I try to make a passthru out of it...Hurray no. 2 but I seem to get 5v only if I leave the batt inside and switched on. When I remove the batts and just use the usb for power, I seem to get lesser vapour. What did I do wrong? Electronic gurus out there please help.

lictenau

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
at home
Just hazzard a guess, what is your power source for the USB, most only 500 Ma due protection circuit, you will need at least 2Amp source to get decent smoke.
Don't fry your USB port:)
Got question. I am not an electronic person. So I made a boxmod...hurray. Then I try to make a passthru out of it...Hurray no. 2 but I seem to get 5v only if I leave the batt inside and switched on. When I remove the batts and just use the usb for power, I seem to get lesser vapour. What did I do wrong? Electronic gurus out there please help.

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
Just hazzard a guess, what is your power source for the USB, most only 500 Ma due protection circuit, you will need at least 2Amp source to get decent smoke.
Don't fry your USB port:)

He's right.

Can I know what is the resistance of your atty? So that I can calculate minimum current you need?

But right off the bat. You need an adapter capable of 2A max. But still I need to know your atty res.

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
I am using a dual coil 1.5+-0.2ohms but strange things is that the vape is greater when I have the batts in and switched on.

Assuming it's linked in series so using a 5v and a 1.5 x2 = 3 ohms

To calculate current 5/3 = 1.67A

Meaning you should get an adapter that can support max 2A

A standard USB only support up to 0.5A which is not enough and will cause your computer to break down due to over current usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread