Status
Not open for further replies.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I would say that your best bet would be to get a jacket with pockets that zip closed. Most decent ski jackets have that. Also I would keep it in an inside chest pocket over an outside hip pocket....people tend to fall on their side at the hip more than on their chest. Also inside a pocket will keep it warmer than say on something around your neck...

Maureen

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Unscrew the battery a bit from the atty where it's still attached but cannot make a connection so you don't burn it up. The zipper idea is great as well. Also, when you go to wallyworld, go to the auto section and get a tire pressure gauge for a buck. Take off the clip and it fits perfectly onto an e-cig. You can clip it onto a shirt pocket or inside your pant pocket. And you have a gauge for your tire pressure in the mountains.

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
dude, it is so hard.
I even took an hour lesson before trying.
It is so hard to even stand up on that thing without even moving.
And when the experts fall they get right back up I'm like no way!!
When I fell I was hurt, bad!
Good luck on the slopes.
I have soooo much respect for half pipe daredevils.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Me too! That looks way fun! I used to the halfpipe on inline skates. Tried on a skateboard...not so much success lol!

Having skateboarded really helped my first time out there - the balance was similar, and I was able to make it down from the top with only 3 or 4 falls my second go. Most of the time I was just snowplowing though, trying to work on the carve this time...maybe I can sneak myself off to the bunny slopes for that (my friend let me go down the bunny once and said, "ok, you're ready - let's try something else!"

ZoSo15

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Arizona
Good to hear, doublewhiskey! You prolly don't spend nearly as much on your behind/neck/face as I will though (only my 2nd time) lol

Second time is much easier. Its the first time that's a nightmare. Having skateboarded is a huge advantage.

I skied when I was a kid and then I went to the dark side. The great thing about snowboarding is the single and double black diamonds are ten times easier than with skis. I was doing them on my second day. :D

Just remember to lean forward over your downhill foot when you want to turn. If you point downhill and lean back you're gonna have a hell of a ride down. :shock: In that case, the only way to stop is to crash. :nun:

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Update - just got back from a great day on the slopes and thank you all for your input! I had the eGo/Tornado fully assembled in my zipper front jacket pocket along with 2 510 batts, and a bunch of pre-filled and capped carts. No item is worse for the wear amazingly, given that it was my second day of snowboarding ever and the last took place about a year ago! Battery longevity and performance were not an issue at ~29 deg F.

And special thanks to ZoSo15 - you helped me figure out how to turn properly, then carve, and the measure of control I have going down upped my confidence enough to go about 5 times as fast as before - kept up with my friends who are veteran skiers. Quite stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread