Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
This is an exasperation post!!! I have been using pyrex tanks for over 6 months with absolutely no issues. This week I have shattered 2!!! The first was my PT2 tank, the entire mod slipped of the table and the tank cracked, and now I was washing out my Anyvape Davide mini and the tank rolled off the table and shattered into several pieces!!!

Ugh!!!!!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
OMG!!! Given my luck this week, I just pulled out the SS & glass replacement tank that I bought for my nautilus mini (the sex-organ one, I hadn't seen the screen one before I ordered it), it had never been out of the box or opened. I opened the box, pulled out the tank and a handful of glass fell onto my table. The glass inside was shaterred!!!!

REALLY?? I think I am going to buy some c-4s until this curse is lifted. [emoji33][emoji31][emoji30]

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Sorry for your losses :(
Bright side? That now makes three. You should be good for a while ;)

I feel for you. I had dropped 2 kfl and they went crooked on me (where the plastic section meets the ss section). These incidences happened just a day apart....while on vacation! :facepalm: I managed to get one straight and fixed the other when I got back home.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Sorry to hear pokemom. Could be worse though. I felt my MPT once and it felt like something was on it. Didn't have my readers on but absent mindedly tried to rub whatever it was off with my thumb. When I finally decided to look at what I was doing, the stuff that was now on my MPT was blood. I'd been trying to rub the sharp edge of the cracked glass off with my thumb.:ohmy::facepalm:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
I keep an extra in a drawer "just in case" I'm a major klutz, and while I've not broken one yet (thanks VV, MVP & iStick, an ounce of prevention yah know? *lol*), my daughter walked in last week with a mangled nautilus with shards where the tank used to be..my spare SS one wouldn't even have helped.

hopefully you'll have a better run...and stay out from behind black cats and from under ladders in the meantime :p

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Sorry to hear pokemom. Could be worse though. I felt my MPT once and it felt like something was on it. Didn't have my readers on but absent mindedly tried to rub whatever it was off with my thumb. When I finally decided to look at what I was doing, the stuff that was now on my MPT was blood. I'd been trying to rub the sharp edge of the cracked glass off with my thumb.:ohmy::facepalm:

Eewww!! I guess I should consider myself blessed! [emoji12]

Thanks for the perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballistix

Oct 23, 2014
California
Search the internet for clear thermal shrink wrap that's used for wires. Put that on the Pyrex part of the tank that's exposed and that will save your tank in so many different drop scenarios. I'm not saying that it will protect it like a force field but it'll definitely help.

im sorry don't look up shrink wrap that's something totally different, look up clear heat shrink. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
Cardboard.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Heat Shrink Tubes/Bands

These might fit around your tank glass (they have different sizes based on diameter). I've used these when I make lip balm and they work really well. It won't stop your glass from breaking in a fall, but they may keep the glass in place or from making a mess when/if they do.

gph61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
OMG!!! Given my luck this week, I just pulled out the SS & glass replacement tank that I bought for my nautilus mini (the sex-organ one, I hadn't seen the screen one before I ordered it), it had never been out of the box or opened. I opened the box, pulled out the tank and a handful of glass fell onto my table. The glass inside was shaterred!!!!

REALLY?? I think I am going to buy some c-4s until this curse is lifted. [emoji33][emoji31][emoji30]
Is there a mini SS tank other than the Aspire version? I searched "screen" but couldn't find anything.

To the topic. I found a hole in one of my work shirt pockets with a PT2. It didn't even slow it down. Just free fall to the concrete floor.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Is there a mini SS tank other than the Aspire version? I searched "screen" but couldn't find anything.

To the topic. I found a hole in one of my work shirt pockets with a PT2. It didn't even slow it down. Just free fall to the concrete floor.

There is the mini nautilus SS & pyrex tank where the opening looks like a male private part, and there is now a woven ss & pyrex tank for the mini. It looks kinda like a spider-web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread