Q about low vapour production #231141

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wan Aslap

Apr 5, 2011
UK
I have a Tornado from TW UK, 3 weeks in and my vapour production seems to have dropped off the last few days while rotating 2 attys. FYI I have cleaned them a few times with the hot water/dry burn technique. I would say it feels a bit like smoking a Silk cut most of the time, cant really feel any chest hit.

So I have a few quick fire questions if you would be so kind. :2cool:

Firstly how important is the packing in the carts? Best I can work out is the packing is to wick the liquid to the heating element, some of mine seem a bit discoloured on the wick end so I was wondering about the life span... How important is the packing for vape production? Is this something that needs to be ideally replaced every x amount of weeks?

If any UK users can tell me what we are using for replacement packaging and where to get it that would be greatly appreciated.

I had a go on my mates VG the other day and the vapour production was so much better so I will be trying some of that on my next order in the hope that my attys are not on there way out already, I haven't been through 30mg yet!

If I have to get some more attys then I am thinking of getting some from Liberty Flights, any LF users have an opinion of LF attys compared to TW?

How do cartomizers compare to attys on production? Any other tips to maximise vapour production?

Any thoughts welcome, many thx.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The packing is very important, it delivers the juice to your atty! :)
You can take it out, wash with hot water, squeeze dry in a paper towel,
and let dry for a bit, fluff it up a bit and stuff it back in.

Replacement packing for carts that I've used is Marineland Blue filter foam U size.
Not sure what would be available on your side of the pond, sorry.

Wan Aslap

Apr 5, 2011
UK
p.s have you tried asking in the UK Forum, they would know your local suppliers.

Thx Stosh, that should give me enough info to try and source some, if I get stuck I will hit the UK forum.

Can I ask how often you feel the need to change the foam? Just when it gets a bit tatty I am guessing? As I say I'm a few weeks in and have used 3 different carts to date. A new one seemed a little better, hard to be sure, but was enough to make me wonder if I had a wicking problem.

I am just a bit miffed as to why I have had a drop off in production, a little concerning 3 weeks in.

Maybe the VG will suit me better and give me the lung full I want.

Wan Aslap

Apr 5, 2011
UK
I usually vape at a 50/50 mix VG/PG, good flavor, good vapor.

Cleaning up your filling should help until you can source replacement.
Happy vaping !! :)

Appreciate the info. The 50/50 mix does appeal, hopefully that will satisfy. Now just the small task of choosing a new flavour :?: lol... I'm thinking maybe blueberry. :)

Anyway.. Thx mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread