Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ive never done this Cloud boy, but I've seen videos of this set up with 4 coils side by side and also with 2 sets of 2 coils one on top of the other. The first used 4 hole, the second used 2. I suspect with 2 air holes on your setup it won't be optimal. I would try it both ways and see.

What ohms does it measure?

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
Ive never done this Cloud boy, but I've seen videos of this set up with 4 coils side by side and also with 2 sets of 2 coils one on top of the other. The first used 4 hole, the second used 2. I suspect with 2 air holes on your setup it won't be optimal. I would try it both ways and see.

What ohms does it measure?

.27 ohms. My coils are side by side. I wonder if drilling a bigger hole would help. Adding 2 other holes will make it look really ugly since it's not a chimbus.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I would try it first before drilling the holes. I doubt it will give you much compared to having 4 holes. But that`s just me and remember, I haven`t done this.

You`re going to be drawing around 14 amps with this puppy. Can your batts take itÉ (the `É` is supposed to be a question mark. Funky keyboard tonight!)

Last edited:

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
I would try it first before drilling the holes. I doubt it will give you much compared to having 4 holes. But that`s just me and remember, I haven`t done this.

You`re going to be drawing around 14 amps with this puppy. Can your batts take itÉ (the `É` is supposed to be a question mark. Funky keyboard tonight!)

I'm using Sony 18650 3.7v 1600mAh battery. I believe it has a continues discharge rate at 30A

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
Get you a Igo W for 13$ then you can drill all the holes you want. While its fun to play around I have not herd of anybody who uses quads for any length of time. If you bore your nimbus to big it will be to airy for when you go back to dual coils.

Yeah, after one night I'm already starting to get sick if it lol. It makes certain e juice taste weird.

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
just a thought if you drill out the holes/drill extra holes u might be able to tap the holes to thread them and get allen key plugs to close them off for future dual coil use. just a thought but i also have not gone above dual coil use non sub ohm.

hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. I think I might just go back to dual coil until I get a cheap rda to play around with. Not really liking the extra warm vapor. It kinda distorts the flavor.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
just a thought if you drill out the holes/drill extra holes u might be able to tap the holes to thread them and get allen key plugs to close them off for future dual coil use.

Very good idea bigrf. I never thought of that. I know it would work. The plugs are called set screws.

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
Sounds great! I have a couple of the US18650VTC3 too. They are 30A continuous. Let us know how you make out with the quad :thumb:

I've been vaping cola and lemonade flavor recently and the quad coil warm vapor just isn't made for those favors lol. Every time I vape I think of warm cola and warm lemonade.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I ended up leaving the wholes in between the 2 coils since it's gives a more even air flow rather than 2 coils getting more air and the other 2 not much air.

Makes sense.

I've been vaping cola and lemonade flavor recently and the quad coil warm vapor just isn't made for those favors lol. Every time I vape I think of warm cola and warm lemonade.

Yup, warm lemonade does not sound good to me either ;). I think you didn't get a good feel for this setup. Having four holes of the right size would have cooled the vape and upped the flavor and vapor production a lot, but I don't blame you for not wanting to drill holes in it. Hard to reverse that. At least you know what it's like with this setup now :thumb:

Cloud boy

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
NJ
Makes sense.

Yup, warm lemonade does not sound good to me either ;). I think you didn't get a good feel for this setup. Having four holes of the right size would have cooled the vape and upped the flavor and vapor production a lot, but I don't blame you for not wanting to drill holes in it. Hard to reverse that. At least you know what it's like with this setup now :thumb:

Yeah, time to get a few chimbus from fasttech. I think one of them has 4 holes. And I'll just drill accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread