Quality luer-lock syringes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Been in DIY for about two months now. All the volume markings on the syringes I bought from Bull City (3x 1ml, 3x 3ml, 3x 10ml) have disappeared. I generally wash after a mix placing the syringes in a tupperware container, adding a dash of dish soap, and letting the water run until the bubblies are gone. Then I rinse and return them to their home. Several of the plunger caps have disconnected as well.

Where do people source quality syringes? Is this normal?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
It's normal on the many I've bought, from many sources. Remember, they are intended for single use only. I've heard of the idea of painting clear nail polish over the markings. But haven't gotten around to trying it because I bought a box of 50 or 100 of all my basic sizes. Mainly because the markings wore off :)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Been in DIY for about two months now. All the volume markings on the syringes I bought from Bull City (3x 1ml, 3x 3ml, 3x 10ml) have disappeared. I generally wash after a mix placing the syringes in a tupperware container, adding a dash of dish soap, and letting the water run until the bubblies are gone. Then I rinse and return them to their home. Several of the plunger caps have disconnected as well.

Where do people source quality syringes? Is this normal?
The broken heads... that may be due to the rubber swelling, especially with tank cracking flavors like TFA ripe banana. You may find it helpful to dip the rubber tip of the plunger in PG after cleaning. That will leave a lube on the plunger and make it operate smoother. And when you pull the plunger out of the syringe, try to pull it as straight as possible. I've been breaking 30ml syringes lately that way. Just carelessness on my part since I should know better.

Reactions: Hoosier

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Catsitter, thanks for revealing a solution so simple that I know feel like an idiot.

It's not the expense of buying a box that I object to--they are dirt cheap--it's just the sheer waste. I don't like throwing away that much plastic!

Maybe if tape doesn't work I'll look in to getting some glassware. They're not cheap though.

The tape works very well, but use good Scotch tape, not the cheapie kind -- the Scotch tape will stay stuck even with frequent wettings, but cheap tape wears off, and takes the markings with it. Also, once it's on, you can't move the tape -- when you peel it up, it removes the markings.

My syringes last me about a month or so, with careful rinsings between uses. I don't use any soap, just hot water/diluted alcohol/filtered water.

Andria

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I use clear nail polish which works good and last until the syringe wears out. To help make the syringes last longer and prevent the plungers from sticking. After cleaning them pull the plunger out dip it in VG and reinsert and plunge a few times then store. Then just before use dip the plunger in VG. The VG acts as a lubricant.

I buy my 1ml and 3ml syringes on ebay by the 100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread