Quality vs Quanity; Fluid Flask or Raven Nest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

So payday is coming up and you know what that means... :evil:

My question is, should I get the Fluid Flask or gotvape's knock off, the new Raven Nest?

I like the fluid flask but I feel like for the price, ehh. And then I see the Raven nest, similar kind of deal but with a way better price tag.
I guess it all comes down to quality, I've heard that the craftsmanship on the Fluid Flask is amazing, yet there doesn't seem to be many reviews or hype on the Raven Nest.

Has anyone tried either or both?

Friday is coming up soon y'all. :D

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I don't own the fluid flask but I was able to try one out. The taste is really good, much better then the Pro tanks that I own. It's an absolutely beautiful tank, IMO, and the quality is just fantastic. I watched the video about the Raven nest and in what I saw there's no comparison in aesthetics. I can't speak for the build quality of the raven, but I wasn't really impressed with the way it looked in the video. There are members here that really like the Raven and say that it vapes well.

The price of the fluid flask is, as you said, up there. You could buy 3 Ravens and enough cartos to last you a while for the price of one fluid flask. But the fluid flask is really nice and my friend hasn't complained of it leaking. Maybe you should buy a Raven and a pack of cartos just for starters. You might find you don't want or need the fluid flask. But if the Raven doesn't work out as well as you hoped, you can use it as a back up and still buy the fluid flask later. Hope this helps a little. :)

Last edited:

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i have a ravens nest and so does my g/f, i like it so far, even though i prefer a lower ohm than the carto that came with it but it tastes really nice

haven't tried a normal carto in it yet, but it does hit smooth

as far as quality, it's not the best, the cage spins a bit, the drip tip often needs to get pushed back in flush, and the part i don't like is its too slim and doesn't look the best on a 22mm mod and the bottom is sliced so it's actually skinnier than i'd like but thats just personal, as far as price though it looks good and works fairly well, just not made of the best materials

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States
Comparing the Raven's Nest and the Fluid Flask is like apples and oranges.

The first thing to note is that the Raven's Nest comes with a new type of carto - a filler-less vertical slotted carto. Wicking is actually achieved by wicks that protrude ever so slightly from the slot in the carto. In personal experience I've noticed these are very finicky, and perform unlike anything I've used before - traditional cartos, dripping atties, RBAs, the like. These seem to thrive on cigarette-style pulls: hard and fast. Flavor delivery is medium - nothing like a dripping atty or a fully saturated carto or good hit from my AGA-T2. Vapor is surprising - there's plenty of it. TH is good - nice solid thump. They like to be primed fairly often - even using a 60pg/40vg juice. Any other usage style tends to lead to dry hits, which DO taste exactly like dry hits on a dripping atty. As previously noted, the Raven's Nest is not a tank I would feel comfortable taking out and about - it's a stay at home project for now. It's slidey and it spins occasionally. Looks wonderful, but does not sit flush on 22mm mmods. I would call this a 19mm tank.

The fluid flask is, more or less, a standard carto tank. Slightly different on styling, but you use traditional cartos in it and you vape away. Some people will crave that usage style, as they hate change(I certainly do). It's rock solid, I've dropped it, I take it out and about, and to me there is absolutely no comparison.

Now, my opinion is my opinion. If you can manage occasional sliding of your carto and the fact that it will potentially not match diameter on your mod, go ahead and buy the Raven's Nest. Shoot, if you have enough money for a Fluid Flask, you have enough money for a Fluid Flask AND a Raven's Nest. If by some twist of fate you preferred the Raven Carto performance but craved the Fluid Flask look and superior craftsmanship, get the Fluid Flask and then get over to gotvapes and get some Raven cartos(make sure to get the xl size tank if you do so). But something tells me that if you are a carto tank fan the Fluid Flask could be one of the last ones you buy.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
<sigh> I bought a Ravens Nest tank hoping it was at least similar to A Fluid Flask. No it's not. It feels and looks like cheap chrome plate plastic at the most. It might be metal im not sure. I have not filled yet as I was that depressed when i opened it i just put it in the vape box. I'll probably try it later this weekend. Honestly, the Smok Pyrex DCT look better. More then likely i will be getting a Fluid Flask and Phiniac. Enough of the cheapies for me.

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
I've been vaping for almost 2 years...I have plenty of "cheap junk" that I saved a few bucks on...and later bought the quality item...I've come to a point in my life where I just wait a month or two to buy something...and buy quality...so, I bought the Fluid. I Havent been unhappy...the best thing about buying quality....when you decide to clear out your vape box a year from now...can you out the raven or the fluid onto the sale thread????? Not only des buying quality give you better performance, but, it's an investment...

I don't look for Discount Brain Surgery, either....

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Fluid Flask all the way. Easy to fill (watch pbusardo video for tips). Great build quality and thoughtful design. Dropped my Zmax twice with the tank on and the second time it actually bent the carto somehow but no leaks whatsoever. Luckily Fluid Vapor is near by so I bought my tank from Rob the owner/designer and he mentioned they are coming out with a kit to covert into an atty tank. I feel it will be the only tank I need if they keep up support for it, will defiantly by another. And it looks great:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread