The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about a 510 charger

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by JC Okie, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I just ordered six 510 kits from East Mall and got them today. When I got ready to charge up the batteries, I noticed that the chargers included in all the kits are EXACTLY like my eGo chargers. They are totally NOT like the 510 chargers I already have. I've heard an eGo charger will fry a 510 battery so I don't want to use these if it's a mistake. I've posted on the East Mall forum (I think....somewhat of a newbie here) with no response, and I've emailed them with no response (yet)....but I'm wanting to charge these and am just apprehensive. I checked and all the numbers on these new chargers that came with the 510 kits are identical to the numbers on my eGo chargers...both parts: the part that goes in the wall and the part that the battery screws into. Is it safe for me to use these to charge the new 510 batteries? Have you heard of them being identical and it being okay?

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I'm assuming you got the corded usb charger. The 510 usb charger 'looks' identical to the eGo charger but it is not. The specs on the back of the eGo charger state: "Output: DC 4.2V 420mA" The specs on the back of the 510 charger state: "Output: DC 4.2V 150mA" Check yours to make sure but I'm guessing you do have the 510 charger not an eGo charger.

[note: sometimes the eGo/Tornado/Riva chargers are between 400-500ma and the 510 between 100-200ma and sometimes they aren't even marked on the back. And while the 510 charger will charge and eGo battery - takes much longer, the eGo charger will kill a 510 batt.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.