Question about a Joye eGo or any other e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steezy5

Dec 16, 2010
Calgary AB
Hey, im new to the e-cig community and have recently ordered a Joye eGo. I only have one question about it and the Atomizer. I work as a snowboard instructor and am outside in -20 C almost the entire day and am concerned about how long it would take for it to warm up? im not sure if this is even a problem and it will still be almost instant or if i should hold it in my hand and press the button for a molment before i use it to warm it up. please let me know what you think. :evil:
vape on :2cool:

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
not entirely sure about your level of cold weather (we don't often see less than 20f temps down here). The atty or cartomizer itself heats quickly. What I have noticed is a thickening of the eliquid at colder temps which reduces "wicking" of the juice to the atty. If your juice is too thick then you will need to allow more "recovery time" between vapes for the liquid to move through the wick when it is cold. A couple alternatives are keeping your pv in a pocket close to your body (l like a t-shirt pocket); or using a thinner liquid when out in the cold. Maybe will need to thin out a batch of liquid for outdoor/cold weather use. I've seen mentioned either distilled water or PGA as a thinner. PGA will not freeze but not sure how much you can safely add to not have your body absorb alcohol in addition to nicotine. Someone from further north than myself should be able to fill in the blank there for you.

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
hey steevy5,
fellow( chilly) canuck. lol

yea these things dont work well in the cold at all!!
if you can palm it for at least a min or 2 b4 use!!
this will help significantly,( i'm north of you +work outside)
NO.......im not santa!:facepalm: lol

also cold is hard on batterys,
+generally eletronics period(ie atomizer!)

i got same set-up !
using for a mnth. now 24/7 !
v.g .choice on your end ! (we so smart ! hehe):toast: lol

im a n00b sorta, but if you need anything @ all pm me!
:evil::evil:STAY WARM:evil::evil:

V.I.:vapor:

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
yeah defos, the thing im concerned about is that i work with kids all day so i dont want to finally get a break, go to take a few drags and me ego be to cold to vape.. i need my nicotine!! haha

to get any reilabilty or vape when you can idea.?
you must keep that thing warm!

im busy to outside, but when i want a quick vape,
i palm for a min. or so and its good to go!

about the kids........... its not cig smoke, its vapor!:laugh:

my 1st day outside , i knew right away it needed
some pre-heat! The battery did not last as long either!

V.I.

:vapor:"i need my nic," :vapor: i concur!
truer words were never spoken! lol

Steezy5

Dec 16, 2010
Calgary AB
snip

:vapor:"i need my nic," :vapor: i concur!
truer words were never spoken! lol

i know that its vapor, but id rather not have to explain to all the kids parents how im not smoking around there children. haha. im fairly certain my boss wouldnt be too pleased aswell. haha. i think when im on my way inside ill just take it in my hand so it'll be ready for when i can get my nic! lol.
thanks your all the advice, vape on! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread