Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
interesting, thank you. Is that why everybody has box mods that control the wattage?
It allows them to specifically dial in their "preferred" vape, and it is regulated to keep the vape constant, Voltage drop off and coil rebuilding is what affects the wattage in mechs.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
So I found one of my old VTC5 that I thought I lost and now I have it back. I am running a .31 ohm build on it which is pulling 13.55A and I was wondering if the extra amp headroom makes it hit harder or not. Like will the quality of the vape be better if you have extra amps to work with?

In general the answer could be yes, but it all depends on the specific discharge curve at the specific amp drain of the battery you are using. Generally a higher amp spec means the battery holds voltage better under heavy load, but whether it's better than another battery depends entirely on the curve vs that battery. In other words the amp rating is not the last word, but it's a general guide.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
In general the answer could be yes, but it all depends on the specific discharge curve at the specific amp drain of the battery you are using. Generally a higher amp spec means the battery holds voltage better under heavy load, but whether it's better than another battery depends entirely on the curve vs that battery. In other words the amp rating is not the last word, but it's a general guide.

This ^^^. .............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread