question about Aspire Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

makuto

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2014
Santo Domingo, DR
Hi

I want to get one of these new Aspire Atlantis clearomizers for when Im on the go. Anyway I only have mech mods (Stingray X and Penny mod). My question would be. Is it okay to use this clearomizer with a Mech mod? Ive been reading and all I see is ppl using it with Box Mods at a range from 20W to 35W.

So if I use it with a mech mod what will it happen? Will it give me the same or more power than a VV device?

Thank you so much for your answers...

I plan on buying an iPV3 but that will have to wait for middle january or so.

illregal

Dec 2, 2014
On a fully charged battery it will be very similar. You'll want to make sure you have decent batteries though.
Fully charged battery at 4.2V, draws 8.4 amps and would be running at 35 watts.
Do Not try using it with a hybrid mech mod. Neither of the ones you listed are... so thats fine. Just remember with a mech, every vape after the first your power is declining. I've been able to make it through a day with one on an 18500 mod though.

fullytorqued

Dec 9, 2014
NOVA
From my experience it will work fine. The only difference being, most box mods are regulated so those users will know how much power they are pushing to the atty at all times. With your mech mod you will be pushing power straight from your battery so depending on the battery output, sag (if any) , and charge level will determine how many watts your pushing to the coil. With the sub ohm atlantis tank it performs nicely with either of my mods but i prefer to use my regulated box. Im assuming youv read all about battery safety and all that with sub ohm builds so i wont harp on any of those points. Hope this helps

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA
Resistance on a Atlantis coil is 0.5ohm
A freshly charged battery, depending on your specific model, is usually 4.2 volts; and then stays at 3.7 volts for a while as power drains.

For your reference,

Current = voltage / resistance; which means 8.4amps or 7.4 amps depending on where your battery is
Power = Current * Voltage; 35 watts if your battery is at 4.2 volts and 27 watts if your battery is at 3.7 volts.

Using the number abobe, as long as your battery can handle 10 amp maximum continous discharge, you will be within the operating capability of the battery. The mech mod, as long as it is in good operating condition, does not determine the power output, battery alone determines that; and the current output is the parameter you need to make sure you understand for safe vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread