question about brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric40222

Jan 2, 2011
Louisville
to start with, Im new to the vapor world and i love it.
I ended up buying the v2cigs starter kit and like it so far but i have not tried anything else. so after some reading i figured out i have the kr808d1 model and i am wondering what other brands carry the same model and are compatable for example cartimizers and accessories.
Thanks in advance

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Welcome to ECF eric40222. Vapor4Life carries pretty much all kr808d-1 batteries, kits, cartomizer, etc...Any replacements and accessories you need you can find there or at several other vendors listed on ECF for very reasonable prices. Vapor4Life just happens to be the only one that I've personally used in the past. I'm sure some other members will chime in soon with a few other selections.

I just looked and Vapor4Life is having a 30% off sale today. Code: "SmilinBday30"

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Welcome Eric. The KR8 aka 808 aka KR808d-1 battery that you have is an excellent starting point to start vaping and you'll easily find compatible cartomizers and accessories. It is NOT compatible with 510 threading without an adapter. There are many suppliers that carry KR8 parts. Like trouble2k said, Vapor4Life sells KR8 and probably has the largest selection of flavors for pre-filled cartomizers. The great thing about cartomizers though, while often advertised as a one use item, can be refilled many times before being thrown. That's why many people, myself included, prefer to buy blank carts and fill with your own juice.

There are many good suppliers of blank cartomizers, two that I'll mention for quality and price is cigeasy gold label, and litecigusa premiums. Both you can get 5 for $7.95. Just make sure they are KR808 compatible and your golden.

Of course, now your going to need to get the liquid to fill them up with, and that's where it gets a little more complex because of all the options and personal taste. But the good news is that you can find juice fairly cheap (much cheaper then the cost of buying prefilled) and it can also be pretty fun trying new flavors. Pick a well known and well loved supplier (many of which you'll see referred to on these boards) to start with and get a selection of the smallest bottles they have or a sampler pack if offered. You can also find links on these boards to videos to show how to fill up your new blank cartos (there's a few different ways to do it, all get the job done. Good luck and enjoy the journey, these boards will help a lot!

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
The KR808-D is what I always recommend for people starting out. V4L is the vendor I started with and I still Vape the original XL KR808's I bought from them. I do recommend the XL's though if you don't mind a longer battery. Changing and charging the smaller batteries gets old pretty quick.

The KR808 is probably the second most popular battery with the 510 being first. The numbers actually refer to the thread on the battery. So any cartomizer or atomizer sold as an 808 will fit you battery. You can get adaptors to go either way. I have an 808 to 510 adapter because it gives more choice in cartos. They go for $2 to $5. I also have ego 510 batteries but most of the time I like the 808 better because in runs at a higher voltage even thought they are both rated at 3.7V.

I would also suggest getting some Sampler packs of different flavors. Don't get just tobacco flavors. At this time you don't know what you will end up liking and your taste will change after giving up tobacco. You should also get some juice to refill your carts.

Sampler packs:
Sampler Packs of Vapor King Cartomizers

This is also a good vendor I have dealt with:
http://www.litecigusa.net/

For juice I tend to like:

Backwoods Brew

To answer you other question. A cartomizer is an atomizer and cartridge combined in one piece. They were originally meant to be used once and tossed. But vapors being the cheapskates that they are immediately began refilling them and demanding that they last longer. The main advantage of a cartomizer is that holds more juice. atomizers and cartridges last longer and are more reliable. A lot of vapors also like to drip with atomizers. I do so when I am trying new flavors.

Last edited:

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
I find that Fumo Electtronic Cigarettes LLC has the best quality. they are similar to 501's but american made and branded. The price is a little high compared to other kits but this is the newest gen e cigs....start in the $60 range but "worldfamous" gets you 20% off. good luck

Their prices are a little high? $25 for a 10ml bottle is ridiculous. That's $2.50 per milliliter. Insane. And that flimsy aluminum carrying case that will press your manual battery button and burn up your atties unless you unscrew it from the battery? It's $15 at Fumo, but $3.50 at Cignot. $25 for a plain atomizer? A rechargeable battery they're advertising as being "high power" for $35 and yet it's 3.7v and 280mAh? I can get a 3-pack of the exact same battery sold as a Joyetech for the exact same price.

I mean, I'm not ripping on you or anything, but that site is a fancy looking screw job. Nice looking pics, bombastic product descriptions and yet nothing that would really tell me why I should give them three times as much for the exact same thing I can get through any other online vendor.

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
I find that Fumo Electtronic Cigarettes LLC has the best quality. they are similar to 501's but american made and branded. The price is a little high compared to other kits but this is the newest gen e cigs....start in the $60 range but "worldfamous" gets you 20% off. good luck

Ignore the spam, better yet flag it

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Welcome!!! I, too, started out with v2cigs. I really liked them as well! My favorite was cherry. Honestly, I did not care for the flavors of Vapor4life. I tried several flavors, and they all tasted way too strong to me. I now make my own nicjuice, but prior to making my own I used only v2cigs cherry 12mg. I realize there are cheaper places to order from, but I really did like v2cigs. In fact, I still use only v2cigs cartomizers even though I make my own juice. I just refill the carto with my homemade juice when the cherry runs dry.

You asked how long you can reuse a carto: for me, it depends. I have been using my current carto for 9 days. Some people claim to have gotten upwards of 30 days of use out of a single carto. They are easy to clean out and reuse. Take some hot water in a 30mL syringe, and push the water from the vaping end out through the battery side of the carto. I usually run about 150mL of water through it, blow the excess water out, and let sit over night. Good to go the next morning!

There are tons of options out there for vaping. Stick to what you feel comfortable with. Don't get too overwhelmed with all of it. Read the forums, and you will be amazed at how much you will learn. You will be a vaping pro in no time!

Keep up the good work-- happy vaping!!

Excellent advice Traver. I would also add, if you do decide to try atomizers after getting the hang of cartomizers, you're in luck too. The KR808 battery is compatible with 901 atomizers without an adapter.

Yea i just took a look at it..like Jerms said the 808 n 801 would work. and Imop i dont really care for cartomizers.....

oh and to the lady that is following me around accusing me of spaming...lol nope not at all. :)

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
NICnurse, Making you own flavors is always great advice and to some extent I agree with you about the flavors at Vapor4life. I don't buy from them anymore on the other hand some people really like their flavors. The important thing with a beginner is that he gets something that works right away and filled cartomizers do that.
Anyway the reason I'm posting again is because I wanted to add a couple of things. Eric, you may want to go for the 24 mg nicotine level to begin with. The last thing you need when starting is nic withdrawal and the anxiety that comes with it. You can always cut down later. You should also read AngusATAT's The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs he explains all of this far better than I can.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
well i just wanted to say thank you all for the help, i went out to dinner and came back with a lot of knowledge!!! :D

Well mixing your own is the cheapest and in my opinion the best way to go. That's the way to get both the flavors and quality you want. If you do decide to mix you own read the stickies on the DIY e-liquid forum first.

DIY e-liquid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread