question about cartos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I recently bought 5 Smoketech 510 mega cartomizers 1.7 ohms to use on the gripper mod.
Every one of them makes the juice taste burnt. I use 3.7v 16340 batts.
I have been vaping for 2 years, normally drip but trying carto's again and I love this little mod.
According the chart on MV, these should work fine.
I am not "tech" smart and have no idea what an ohm is. Can someone tell me what I carto's I should try that would give good warm vapor and not burn my juice?
Thanks!!!! :)

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
Those cartos should work perfect but u might have gotten diff cartos. I use my fav boge 2.0 ohm with 3.7v mod. Any carto with a resistance of 1.25-2 ohm will work. As for the burnt taste, I guess you know how to fill and when to refill cartos? I'm always having to refill my carto, I use tanks. I fill my boges with a syringe to fully saturate quickly and kinda open up the poly fill. Remember higher ohm carto with higher voltages, and lower ohm (resistance) cartos with lower voltages(3.7v)!!

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
could be the flavor settles down when the battery drains a bit. A freshly charged battery is pushing 4.1-4.2 volts which on a 1.7 ohm is around 10 watts of heat. My lavatube wont go over 4.1-4.3 volts on a 1.7. When the battery drains down to the normal 3.7v you'll be seeing about 8 watts of heat which a lot people consider the sweet spot.

Remember also that there can be a plus/minus .2 ohm's on any carto. If your 1.7 is really a 1.5 then you hitting almost 11.5 watts on a fresh charge.

A 2 ohm carto with a freshly charged battery will give you around 8.5 watts of heat and when the battery gets down to 3.7 you'll be just under 7 watts.

I wouldnt mess with a 2.5 ohm, thats going to be around 7 watts fully charged but down to 5.5 watts which would be pretty anemic.

Every juice responds differently to different levels of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread