Question about DNA20 & AC-DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yraen

Feb 22, 2013
Oklahoma
Hello everyone,

I've got this idea for a mod I'm going to build for a friend. This is a vape at home mod, not intended for on the go vaping, so I wanted to just use the AC wall power instead of batteries. I was wondering if a power supply like this Integy AC-DC 12V Power Supply 7A Output INTC23189 would work. I've got everything else drawn out and am just waiting on the DNA20 to come back in stock so I can move forward with this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Hello everyone,

I've got this idea for a mod I'm going to build for a friend. This is a vape at home mod, not intended for on the go vaping, so I wanted to just use the AC wall power instead of batteries. I was wondering if a power supply like this Integy AC-DC 12V Power Supply 7A Output INTC23189 would work. I've got everything else drawn out and am just waiting on the DNA20 to come back in stock so I can move forward with this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd suggest reading the datasheet that is linked under the DNA20 description on their product page, before you fry a 50 dollar product. ;)

The DNA20 is specifically designed to work with a single high-drain lithium ion battery. You'd have to step-down that 12v, which is kind of pointless for powering a step-up module.

I'd guess that it's hard to find a power supply that will output around 3.5-4v at high current ratings, but I could be wrong.

You could use that supply with a module such as what is used in this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/259577-just-lm2596-users.html

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread