Question about drip tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could explain to me what's the difference between a drip tip and a t trip. If I understand right... it's just a hollowed out tip?

If that's so, then why not just remove the filler in the cartridge that came with the e-cig? You could just remove the cartridge and drop directly onto the atomizer, replace the cartridge and smoke right? Or am I missing something?

One more question... if I get a drip tip, is there a possibility of the liquid dripping into my mouth due to its open design? Or is that only if i tilt it higher than horizontal when I'm smoking from it?

Thanks in advance
-noob ddrj :p

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Drip tips rule. No fuss, just blow into it so the liquid doesn't get trapped on top of the vapor cause it then ends up in your mouth. The reason they are better is they funnel the liquid to the atty so you don't have to try to hit the atty with the liquid. I can drip with my eyes closed with no problem. Love them and they are pretty too.

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    South NJ
    www.facebook.com
    Doesn't really matter where you get them. I suggest getting steel and delrin plastic just to try out each one. I prefer the extended delrin tip vs the short tip. They're cheap enough where you can really try out each style and see which one suits you.

Nhaler has some pretty wicked designed delrin tips. In different colors and such, but can be pricey.

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    South NJ
    www.facebook.com
    My collection of drip tips include:

2 standard stainless steel tips from domesticvapor
    3 translucent delrin tips from nhaler
    1 extended delrin tip from altsmoker (freebie btw)

My extended delrin tip from altsmoke sees the most action. I used the stainless tips to begin with, but just didn't like the weight or look of stainless steel w/ my titanium Riva. I love the look of my stainless steel 901 with my stainless steel tips though. The nhaler tips are nice and having them in 3 different colors is cool. The only downside is that they are harder to get on an atomizer. I'm sure with more use they will wear away a little bit and have a better fitment. Perhaps a full review of drip tips will be my next thread...Still have do my vendor and Riva review though...

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hartford
    Liquid can also get in your mouth if its stuck on the sides of the drip tip. Pretty much if you didn't get the drop down the middle and onto the atomizer. Tapping or blowing into the tip will force any excess liquid down.

I just wanted to say that I've never had that problem with my Super T T-tip.

thanks for the great info, i had the same question about drip tips wondering if the e-liquid ends up in your mouth. it sounds like drip tips are the way to go!

I've heard of this happening especially with the "knock offs" but I've never had that happen with my delrin Super T tip. They have a larger funnel and hole. The only thing that does happen is sometimes the atty will "pop" I'm not sure how else to describe it and I get a drop of hot juice on the tongue.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread