Question about eGo-T CE4 1100mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Which coffee is it? V2 Platinum coffee is high PG. XEO Coffee Arabica is 50/50. I haven't vaped anything that high in Ohms in a very long time so I'm not sure 50/50 is going to work for you. But, coffee flavors do have a tendency to taste burnt. Also the more PG you have in your juice the harsher it is going to be for you. And the more nic you have in your juice the harsher it is going to be for you. First you're going to need to find the PG/VG of your liquid. You know the nic, that's a good start. I have found that 1.30-1.80 Ohms resistance works really well for me on a 50/50 blend at 12-18 mgs nic. You can get cheap cartomizers all over the place, by the way. If your battery has eGo threading:

Here's one from MVS:

Innokin iClear16D Clearomizer

With replaceable atomizers and you can pick between 1.5 or 2.1 Ohms:

Atomizer Head for Innokin iClear16B, iClear16D

Thanks, listopencil. You've helped a lot. I appreciate it. See my post above.

Reactions: listopencil

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
I want to thank everyone for your suggestions and info. They cleared up a lot of things.

Went to a 4th party yesterday (which is why it's taken me so long to reply). Some guy there gave me some 18 mg e-liquid, same brand, same flavor. My Ego's working fine now--no burnt taste, fair vapor production. Makes me feel kind of stupid for being a pain in the .... here, although I will say that Ego and those who distribute their stuff should include a disclaimer/warning about which e-liquid levels will be problematic and which won't.

What I'm going to do now (thanks to the info provided by you guys) is to get a clearomizer with lower ohms (probably 1.6/1.8 as opposed to 2.4) and upgrade in a while to one of the set ups suggested here. After that, I'll upgrade again to a more substantial mod (maybe something made in America if that exists).

The reason I'm being so damned cautious is that I've been burned by V2 so often. I don't want to spend 60 to 70 bucks and have it happen again. No more knee-jerk buys! This isn't a hobby for me. This is the difference between a pack and a half a day habit and not smoking. With all the noise and faux reviews out there (the youtube "reviews" are the most misleading), this site's priceless.

Thanks again, and a belated Happy 4th to everyone.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Stay away from CE4 and if it is a normal ego threaded battery you have. Get some cheap Kanger t3s or t3d or aspire clearomizers to use with the battery. Buy some bottled eliquid to fill them with and a 5 pack of the coil heads. Those clearomizers can be found for $5 or so in vape shops. 24 MG is pretty high depending on how much you smoked before. Maybe try 18 mg.

The battery is not a variable volt or wattage right? It may be putting out more than the CE4 can really handle. The wick maybe dry and getting burnt.

Lots of other possibilities. But if you want cheap, try out use and not horrible. Go with a variable voltage EGO stick battery (these are really cheap) and use with a kanger t3 or aspire ET.

Whatever you do stay away from V2. Overpriced for sure.

Here are links to some the items. These are for reference only and not suggesting you should buy them from these links.

Aspire ET BVC
Authentic Aspire ET Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Clearomizer

Kanger T3s
Kanger T3S Clearomizer

Vision Spinner VV battery
Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh

That Spinner looks good, Beamslider.

Reactions: Beamslider

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
CE4 - check (x2)
PG liquid - check

But wait..No eGo/510 adapter in sight.:eek:
This might require a search for long-forgotten KGo or Spinner batteries.

It's sure gonna be interesting vaping 18mg again. The shop wouldn't let me have 'illegal' 24mg. Are they that strict? It's not like I'm publishing my experiment on the ECF or anything. :D

Last edited:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I want to thank everyone for your suggestions and info. They cleared up a lot of things.

Went to a 4th party yesterday (which is why it's taken me so long to reply). Some guy there gave me some 18 mg e-liquid, same brand, same flavor. My Ego's working fine now--no burnt taste, fair vapor production. Makes me feel kind of stupid for being a pain in the .... here, although I will say that Ego and those who distribute their stuff should include a disclaimer/warning about which e-liquid levels will be problematic and which won't.

What I'm going to do now (thanks to the info provided by you guys) is to get a clearomizer with lower ohms (probably 1.6/1.8 as opposed to 2.4) and upgrade in a while to one of the set ups suggested here. After that, I'll upgrade again to a more substantial mod (maybe something made in America if that exists).

The reason I'm being so damned cautious is that I've been burned by V2 so often. I don't want to spend 60 to 70 bucks and have it happen again. No more knee-jerk buys! This isn't a hobby for me. This is the difference between a pack and a half a day habit and not smoking. With all the noise and faux reviews out there (the youtube "reviews" are the most misleading), this site's priceless.

Thanks again, and a belated Happy 4th to everyone.

Glad you figured out it was just the 24mg. Jai Haze is a great reviewer, he gives 1-10 ratings and rarely see above a 6.5/10. The only 9/10 or higher I've seen were Merlin Mini, GT III and Engine Nano RTA's.

Reactions: MarkRNY

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The ce4 is simply a bad clearomizer. I started out with those, over four years ago. It's very easy to get dry hits with them and testing has shown that the coil temperature quickly gets so high that you may potentially overheat the liquid to a dangerous degree.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
The ce4 is simply a bad clearomizer. I started out with those, over four years ago. It's very easy to get dry hits with them and testing has shown that the coil temperature quickly gets so high that you may potentially overheat the liquid to a dangerous degree.

Yeah. I'm looking for an alternative clearomizer now. There's too much resistance with these (2.4). Maybe the evod, maybe another at 1.8. As long as it can be used with this battery.

Thanks.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah. I'm looking for an alternative clearomizer now. There's too much resistance with these (2.4). Maybe the evod, maybe another at 1.8. As long as it can be used with this battery.

Thanks.
A lower resistance means more power (as the battery isn't adjustable), which means that the wick/liquid burn more easily. Other clearos have more efficient wicking and airflow to counter that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread