Status
Not open for further replies.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
I have my old 808-d1 batteries that I use for sampling flavors and also for public vaping and then my ego-t with mega dual coil cartos and 510 cartos for my favorite juices. My question is, is there an easier (and maybe cheaper) way to sample juices? Is the ego atomizer system good for this? I think I read that Ms Ts juices are a little thick for tanks also?

What do you guys use?

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I just fill up a carto and vape away on my 808s. Ive heard of people dripping in order to "sample" juices, but have personally never tried it. I don't see a need to sample Ms. T's juices though! They are all as described and yummy!!! :)
I too have heard that some of her juices are a little thick and don't play nice with tanks, but I have no personal experiences to share.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
CayCay,

I pretty much drip only. I LOVE using low resistance 510 atomizers. Anyone using a 3.7v device with a battery that is more powerful than 400mah should use nothing but LR atties. If you have an eGo battery, it will work great with them. Here's how I do it: I take the plastic wrap off of the new atty. If it has a cartridge, I take that sucker off and throw it away. Blow as much of the primer out into a paper towel as you possibly can until it is as dry as possible (that stuff is kinda nasty). Put 5 or 6 drops into the atty to prime it and take 3 or 4 drags. Put 3 more drops in and those should last somewhere between 5 and 10 drags before the flavor starts to change and you know it is time to put 3 more drops in. Continue on 3 drops at a time as needed. Don't forget to cap the whole thing with a decent drip tip. Sometimes I'll go 4 drops because I love that gurgly sound, but if you don't space it out right you might flood it. Just keep a paper towel handy to wipe off the bottom of the atty and the threads of the battery if this happens. Once you get used to it you may go days without the slightest leak. If you have an automatic battery, which seem to be increasingly rare, dripping may not be a good idea. There is a hole going through the battery and dripping juice into that is a no no. If you have a button on your battery, you are fine. Also, there is clearly no hole in the center of the 510 fitting that would lead to the battery's innards.

Switching flavors: Keep some Unflavored e-juice on hand. If you really want to do it right, blow the old flavor out into a paper towel like you did the primer, and then put about 5-6 drops of Unflavored in the atty, vape it for a little while, add 3 drops, vape until the old flavor is gone. Shouldn't take long, but some flavors do stick in atties a little longer than others. You can also skip the blowing out part if you want, just switch to Unflavored for a little while, and vape until the old flavor is gone. Apply new flavor, and repeat all of the above. This is my normal method throughout the day. I typically switch flavors 3 or 4 times a day and I pretty much use one atty just about all the time. I always thought it would be weird or pointless to buy Unflavored until I discovered how useful it is. I also discovered that I like to have it around when I feel like a nice fresh, clean vape too. Since it is just the base mixture and no flavorings are added, it is theoretically the thickest juice we have, and also has the highest VG content. It makes GREAT honking clouds of vapor. I hope this helps!

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
You know CayCay, I have often asked that question myself. I am assuming it is just something to keep the atomizer from corroding if it sits dry for long periods of time before it is sold. I believe the bridge is a nickel mesh, which should have pretty good corrosion resistance on its own, but maybe the primer keeps the wicking material in top shape too. Not really sure about all that, but I am sure that it doesn't taste very good. Since I don't really know what that stuff is, I prefer to blow out as much as I can before even using the atomizer.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
You know CayCay, I have often asked that question myself. I am assuming it is just something to keep the atomizer from corroding if it sits dry for long periods of time before it is sold. I believe the bridge is a nickel mesh, which should have pretty good corrosion resistance on its own, but maybe the primer keeps the wicking material in top shape too. Not really sure about all that, but I am sure that it doesn't taste very good. Since I don't really know what that stuff is, I prefer to blow out as much as I can before even using the atomizer.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Primer is tooling oil from the manufacturing of attys . I dont think theres any other purpose but since its tooling oil it will help to keep the coil and everything from oxidizing in anyway . The SS bridge doesnt corrode since its SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread