Question about FSUSA's RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Ha ha, no, it is still dark. I just meant that it's transluscent and not murky.

Sorry, we can't tell ya that. ;) I don't even know. Our magic elves deal with that stuff.

Ah, that's what I thought you meant. I have to hold the bottle by a window to get enough light to see that it's translucent. My test, using a book, was done in a bedroom with the drapes closed, so it was a worthless test (and all the darker panelling in my house doesn't help, either). :)

MN and omni - I guess I'm just curious in general. Wasn't trying to find out the actual flavorings, and it's never gunked up any of my cartomizers or atomizers. It's just interesting that RY4 is so much darker than the other liquids I've seen, as if some kind of food coloring was added or something (and that wouldn't make any sense), so I guess I'll just have to remain curious.

If anyone else has any ideas, please post them. :)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I am assuming that the color comes from the flavoring used. There are lots of flavors that are dark in color.

I think that's what I'm curious about, salem. Not to find out which specific flavoring(s) are used to make RY4, but which flavorings in general are darker in color. For example, some flavors that seem like they would be dark are not as dark as I think they might or should be.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Here's an odd one. I ordered a 30 ml bottle of RY4 back in Nov. (I had never tried FSUSA's). It was a typical color (kinda light brown/orange). I loved it so much, I ended up ordering two more 120 bottles with all of the sales. Each came in within a couple of days of one another. And, both were the dark brown. They tasted just as great and had the same flavor as the first one I got, just a darker color??

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Here's an odd one. I ordered a 30 ml bottle of RY4 back in Nov. (I had never tried FSUSA's). It was a typical color (kinda light brown/orange). I loved it so much, I ended up ordering two more 120 bottles with all of the sales. Each came in within a couple of days of one another. And, both were the dark brown. They tasted just as great and had the same flavor as the first one I got, just a darker color??

Did you order the same nicotine level when you placed your second order? As an fyi - I've never received RY4 that was light brown/orange.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
I'm looking at a 30ml bottle of FSUSA's RY4 dated 11/30. It's definitely light-to-medium brown/slightly orange. It was purchased by a friend who didn't end up using it, so I'm not sure of the exact pg/vg ratio. It seems to be around 70/30.

All of FSUSA's specialty flavors are 50/50. That's so strange to me that it's not dark brown! The only time one of bottles turned a little lighter (not much though) is when I left it sitting out on the kitchen table (never stored). I figured that the sunlight coming through the window must have lightened it. Who knows though...

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
All of FSUSA's specialty flavors are 50/50. That's so strange to me that it's not dark brown! The only time one of bottles turned a little lighter (not much though) is when I left it sitting out on the kitchen table (never stored). I figured that the sunlight coming through the window must have lightened it. Who knows though...

I stand corrected. That said, the bottle I'm looking at is much thinner than my other 50/50 pre-mixed juices. Were the options for changing the ratio for RY4 removed recently?

ETA: This stuff was about 3 weeks old before I even saw it. I have no idea how it was stored, so that could be a factor as well.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Did you order the same nicotine level when you placed your second order? As an fyi - I've never received RY4 that was light brown/orange.

Yes, it was the same nicotine level. The color didn't even occur to me when I first got it because the only other RY4 I had tried at that point was from GV and it was pretty much the same color. I'm not complaining about it, both batches taste great, light or dark. It just struck me odd that they were so different in color.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I stand corrected. That said, the bottle I'm looking at is much thinner than my other 50/50 pre-mixed juices. Were the options for changing the ratio for RY4 removed recently?

ETA: This stuff was about 3 weeks old before I even saw it. I have no idea how it was stored, so that could be a factor as well.

I believe their RY4 has always been pre-mixed at 50/50 (since I started buying it, anyway, which was in September).

I can't remember if the RY4 was lighter in color a few months ago, but the last two bottles I received were very dark when I received them. My original question should have been:

How long ago were the current bottles of RY4 I received mixed? I know liquids get darker with age, so I'm curious as to how old the current RY4 liquid is. Also, how old is the Caramel liquid that I received in December?

I'm really trying to find out how long FSUSA's liquids will last before going bad. I've bought 17 120mL bottles so far (sold one of them) and am starting to worry that some of it will go bad before I can vape it all (at about 6mL per day). I have about 1500mL left, most of which (1000mL) is mixed together in a half-gallon plastic bottle and stored on the closet shelf. It was dumb to buy that much, but I got carried away and ended up buying more to get the right nicotine strength and the perfect flavoring mixture (added Apple to lighten up the RY4, added Caramel because I wanted more caramel, and added Nut Mix to get the perfect final flavor).

Last edited:

Hawkins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
central fl
I believe their RY4 has always been pre-mixed at 50/50 (since I started buying it, anyway, which was in September).

I can't remember if the RY4 was lighter in color a few months ago, but the last two bottles I received were very dark when I received them. My original question should have been:

How long ago were the current bottles of RY4 I received mixed? I know liquids get darker with age, so I'm curious as to how old the current RY4 liquid is. Also, how old is the Caramel liquid that I received in December?

I'm really trying to find out how long FSUSA's liquids will last before going bad. I've bought 17 120mL bottles so far (sold one of them) and am starting to worry that some of it will go bad before I can vape it all (at about 6mL per day). I have about 1500mL left, most of which (1000mL) is mixed together in a half-gallon plastic bottle and stored on the closet shelf. It was dumb to buy that much, but I got carried away and ended up buying more to get the right nicotine strength and the perfect flavoring mixture (added Apple to lighten up the RY4, added Caramel because I wanted more caramel, and added Nut Mix to get the perfect final flavor).

On the FSUSA bottles, it says they are good for 24 months from the time of purchase. 1500 mls / 6 mls a day = 250 days... so you should be okay. There really isn't anything in e-juice that spoils so I wouldn't worry about getting sick or anything, so as long as the taste doesn't change for you I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm vaping some of our stuff from a year ago and it is perfect, better then ever. there really isn't anything in our juices that would spoile with time. nicotine will turn anything darker with time but that's about it.
flavourart does not have any "food colorings"

we just use old fashioned elfin magic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread