Status
Not open for further replies.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
i bought a few 510 dual coil stainless steel cartomizers from madvapes for my ego t. i received a couple new juices in the mail today and filled the first carto, waited 20 minutes, yummy. filled the second carto with a different juice, waited 20 minutes and i got the burnt dry taste. so i let it sit for 2 hours while i ran errands, came back and still tasted burnt. did i ruin the carto by puffing on it too quickly? its supposed to hold about 25 drops, i put in 25 drops. if i did ruin it, is the juice still good if i try to get it out?

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Could be you just got a dud! 20 -25 drops seems fine! I assume you filled the carto ok with the correct method? I know some people open the carto and just start applying the juice. Make sure you turn the cart, and drip down the sides and not the middle...making sure everything is saturated evenly! Also, drip, turn, drip turn...making sure liquid is applied evenly. Some like the condom method for the first fill to ensure everything is saturated. You tube has some good suggestions on this method!:)

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
You probably didn't get it filled

How to fill a Carto

First, Take the silicone condom off the end of the carto with the white top. Leave the condom on the threaded end. Then take off the white top of the carto. If you have a syringe,(18ga.) load it with 1ml of liquid and slide the needle down the side of the carto and fill from the bottom . A few more drops from the bottle until the top of the filling starts to look “slushy”. If you don’t have a syringe, just slowly drop drop drop about 20-40 drops. (drop sizes vary, 1.0 ml is the target) Let the drops go down the side of the carto, constantly turning it, not into the hole in the middle. Every 10 drops or so it may help the flick the carto like you would a thermometer to force the liquid to the bottom of the carto. Continue until the top of the filling is “slushy” and the juice stops absorbing into the filler. If you have a drip tip, throw away the white end cap thingy and use the drip tip, otherwise pop the white thingy back in place to vape and then get online and order some pretty drip tips.
I know it may seem complicated, but it really is not

One more thing. Don't vape too long without topping off the carto or you will burn it. You'll get a feel for when you need to top off, (too warm, dry or reduced flavor) but until you do, do it often. If the filler is white, top off. If it takes more than 10 drops to get that slushy look on the filler, you may have waited too long.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
It was definitely not wet enough. There is no true exact drop amount to filling a carto. I know that mv dual coils unless you get the shortie ones require more then 25 drops. I also know it doesn't take 20 min. for filler to soak up juice. It is okay to over fill that carto a little. All you have to do is blow out the extra juice into a tissue and wipe the bottom of the carto. This is just something you learn from others or by making mistakes.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
Thanks for taking the time to help.

I dont have a syringe (need to get one) so I use the drop, drop, turn method. I knew I should have tried the condom method but bc the threaded end stuck out I wasnt sure how well it would have worked (was used to doing condom method on 808 carts). Im such a newbie to everything but 808. I just got an ego for christmas so Im trying to learn. I thought drowning the filling was just as bad as burning it. I'll know for next time.

So is the cart and juice toast? I havnt touched it since. It has my fave juice in it. =(

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
you can do that reverse spin thingy to get the juice out. i think its called the reverse tyrin spin or something.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

I dont have a syringe (need to get one) so I use the drop, drop, turn method. I knew I should have tried the condom method but bc the threaded end stuck out I wasnt sure how well it would have worked (was used to doing condom method on 808 carts). Im such a newbie to everything but 808. I just got an ego for christmas so Im trying to learn. I thought drowning the filling was just as bad as burning it. I'll know for next time.

So is the cart and juice toast? I havnt touched it since. It has my fave juice in it. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread