Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Flooding could be from a variety of things. If it is the tank causing it then it is almost with certainty the top oring. They can be a little tricky to get installed but they will go in there.

You can also get flooding from technique, each draw creates a vacuum on the tank and tries to bring in liquid so long slow light draws bring in less while vaporizing more where a short stiff draw with greater vacuum on the tank pulls in more and has less time for vaporizing.

When priming the tank for its first use you can over prime the cartomizer which will of course make it flooded, it also seems once a cartomizer is flooded it can tend to stay that way unless you unflood it. One easy way to do this if you have the refilling drip tip is to use it to push the cartomizer down like you are going to fill the tank but stop when the holes in the cartomizer are just outside of the bottom cap. That drip tip is long enough that at this point you can still vape with it but since the holes are on the outside no more eliquid will be coming into it.

You can either blow it out into a paper towel or put the tank back onto a device and vape it clear, just be careful as the top is not sealed now so it needs to remain pretty much upright until you push the cartomizer back in.

Cranky99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Iowa, USA
Thank you so much. I tried your method to unflood it, I had overprimed this one in the beginning but then it seemed fine for awhile. I took it off of my Provari and put it on my MVP and it seems to be working well now.

Thank you so much for an awesome product and I will be one of those who is ordering again soon.

TinaBaleena

Jun 3, 2013
Humble, TX
Here is what I have learned about the ProVari and Carto Tanks in general: You have to create airflow because the ProVari has no ventilation in the top of the device. With the tank sitting flush on top of the ProVari the small holes, in the 510 connection of the Carto that screw into the device, are completely blocked. What I do is use my thumb nail to inch up the tank a little while it is attached to the ProVari. You only need a little bit of gap to take the edge off that vacuum that is created by the tank sitting flush on top of the device.

I went through so many different Cartos before I figured this out!

Cranky99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Iowa, USA
Thank you! I thought I had solved the issue but it started doing it again. I did see that the tank won't sit flush on the carto when using the beauty ring. I'm starting to think I'm missing something obvious here. I took it apart and set it aside for now, I will try again in a couple of days. I'm quite sure it is user error. My halfling is still working fine.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
It may be just the life for that liquid/cartomizer combination. The IBTpro 22 will pull the cartomizer down some but I dont think that is the problem. You could try using it without the ring to see if it solves it. If all else has failed I would certainly say change out that top inside oring. They can be a bit of a bugger to get in until you get it down but its not impossible.

I put my left index finger on the underside of the cap to keep it from going through then slide the oring into place for what will go in on its own. Then using both thumbs work it back and forth until there is just a small loop left. That last bit is the hard part but if you have some kind of helper (I use a small wooden dowel) just keep poking and prodding it.

The process is more of push and relax push and relax as you can imagine the rubber is working its way in. You dont want to put too much force on it so as not to cut the new oring. Once that last bit is popped into the groove take the dowel or whatever you are using and rub in a circle around the oring to make sure it is seated evenly all the way around. If you feel a little bump in any part of it wiggle the dowel in there a little more. That will help the oring equalize all the way around.

TinaBaleena

Jun 3, 2013
Humble, TX
I thought it was something to do with the inner ORing too. But my IB Tank started flooding half way through the first time using it. I kept replacing the cartos (I have a 22XL). I went through 4 cartos - different manufacturers, different types - for 30ml of 50/50 juice. Then my other older tanks started doing it. It just so happened that I received my ProVari and my IB Tank in the mail within days of each other and my flooding issues started after I started using my ProVari. Now everyone I run into with a ProVari out and about says the same thing...Make a little gap between the device and the tank. Now none of my carto tanks flood anymore.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Tina, you are absolutely right. If you are restricting the airflow into the bottom of the cartomizer then it is certainly going to greatly increase the amount of vacuum placed on the tank with each draw which in turn will mean more liquid going in with each draw. If you are using flanged cartomizers this wont be an issue since the bottom cap is held up above it. Same with the IBTpro as it has air holes in it that are greater than the holes in the cartomizer so they should not offer any additional restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread