Question about odour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axident

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I am new to vaping and awaiting the shipment of my first PV and I was wondering how much of an odour vaping causes. Like if I were to vape outside and come back inside would my wife be able to smell anything on me? Or if I was to vape inside the house would the vapor give off an odour? If so how long would the odour linger?

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Most flavors don't give off any odor in my experience. If I vape in a closed room for a long time it'll start smelling a bit musty, but other than that you'd never know I'd been vaping in there. Just open a window for a while and it's gone. Some flavors stay on you for a little while, but unlike when smoking it isn't at all offensive. I vape coffee flavored juice most of the time and once in a while my daughter will ask me if I've been drinking coffee at 10:00 at night.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
On Wednesday I was sitting outside with a coworker and he was downwind of me. I had High Caliber's Killa Vanilla in my PV and he commented on how strong the vanilla smell was. So probably at most you'll notice the scents of whatever flavor you have, depending on how strong that flavor is. I've vaped in my apartment since like day 2 of vaping and have noticed no problems.

wmjmr03

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
nuneaton uk
if you have been smoking fags then theres a world of difference the fact is you will come inside and smell your old stinkies rather than anything else i vape menthol or apple if i leave the room and come back in my wife has to ask me what im vaping as no smell remains
i have now been given permision (by her indoors) to vape any where in house kinda makes my umbrella redundant :)
she vapes baccy type i can tell while im in the room but 5 mins later could not tell so vapour dont linger
near enough 4 weeks and i can still smell the old stinkies in the car takes some cleaning but can smell that after ive emptied a PV tank on a drive so dont stick in small areas either

keep vaping

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
if you have been smoking fags then theres a world of difference the fact is you will come inside and smell your old stinkies rather than anything else i vape menthol or apple if i leave the room and come back in my wife has to ask me what im vaping as no smell remains
i have now been given permision (by her indoors) to vape any where in house kinda makes my umbrella redundant :)
she vapes baccy type i can tell while im in the room but 5 mins later could not tell so vapour dont linger
near enough 4 weeks and i can still smell the old stinkies in the car takes some cleaning but can smell that after ive emptied a PV tank on a drive so dont stick in small areas either

keep vaping

For the car, see my suggestions above. I am sure there is some febreez equivalent over across the pond. :)

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
My tiki juice smells like pipe tobacco, and when I have the sweeter flavors like gormet vanilla or blueberry muffin, or one I mixed myself that tastes like pineapple upside down cake the kids will sometimes look around the kitchen for what I have baked and are disappointed when they find out nothing is n there! And there is nothing worse than 4 boys ages 19-22 that are then hounding me to bake something! Ahh the hazards of being a chef!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I haven't found any lingering odors BUT seeing as it's vapor I was quite surprised one day to be sitting in the living room watching the vapor curl and wisp in the sunshine thru the skylite- it did not disappear quickly as I first thought it would- hung around for about 1/2 hour. I also notice in the car the PG does coat the windshield but much easier to clean than analog residue.

tada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Don't mean to hi jack the thread , but for those of you who vape liquids with strong odors such as Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice and vape in the car. Do you find any lingering smell in your car and I wonder if the odor attaches to the upholstery similar to analog smell?

I vape both of those liquids in my car and no one including me had noticed any lingering smells. And those liquids produce a lot of vapor.

Austiiin

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Orlando
I've been vaping for over a month in both my cubicle at work and at home with roommates. No one has said anything about an odor, either on me or in the air, but I mainly vape menthol, so I don't think it gives off an odor. Now I'm I'm vaping something fruity or strong (like coffee), you can smell it in the air after you exhale.

Also, I think I could chain vape in a confined space for hours and still smell better than smoking a cigarette in a field with a string breeze. Trust me, people are loving the fact that you no longer smell like an ashtray and will probably not mind a nonrepolsive odor for the few minutes it lingers.

Congrats on not smelling like a burnt sox any longer!

I can't stand to borrow my step fathers truck anymore because he smokes analog in it and they reak. I have noticed some clothes that I had while smoking needed to be cleaned thoroughly because of tobacco smell. Its bad when ya quit. Vape doesn't really stick and when I have had it stick like with my blu water punch from volcano I have had people ask what deodorant I had on because it smelled great. So most fruity flavors, coffee, anything most find pleasant won't be an issue and even then its gone in 5 min. The actually vapor can linger if you are a chain vaper like me and my friend we have on many occasions gotten his room noticeably foggy when we are watching a movie and chain vaping away on our mods.

Jedipapa

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Florida
The only odor comes from the flavor of juice you use. If you are outside, no one will know. Even in my room, if the kids come in and I am vaping spearmint, they will ask, can I have a mint? Most of them don't have an odor at all.

Now, if I blow a plume of vapor in your face, you may smell the flavor, but it's short lived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread