The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about Protank mini

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Zee2006, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zee2006

Zee2006 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I bought a protank mini last week and have't been to happy with it so far. Anyway seemed like the hit and taste was muted and I was getting alot of air, after thinking about it I tried holding my finger over one of the tiny air holes in the collar.......

That did make a big difference, the hit and taste was much better, stronger....

My question; I'm thinking about closing one of the holes (blocking it) in a more permanent way. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?

2. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    A lot of people do this, me included. I stick a toothpick in one of the air holes and then break it off. That usually does the trick. There's also a good air flow controler Tank Airflow Controller that works great on the reg size Protank. I don't know the diameter of the mini so it might over hang the tank and not look so good.

3. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I've plugged one and two holes on the mini PT the way tmcase suggests. Works fine. A wood putty would also work - stuff to cover nail heads on wood window trim, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.