The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about ratios and FDA...

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Zee2006, Oct 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zee2006

Zee2006 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey all.... I'd love your take on something... maybe i'm looking at this wrong, that's why I thought I'd come here and have some of you slap me around and explain how this makes sense....

Ok so I think I'm a LIL PG sensitive, just a lil, like my throat gets a lil dry and scratchy..... That's not what I wanna ask about.... I'm working on that on my own a lil trial and error....

My question and concern is this..... I like knowing the PG/VG ratios right now so that I can figure my issues out and knowing the ratio I can also plan accordingly, like if I know the juice is a lil PG high, I can limit how much of that juice I use, switch it up with other higher VG juices and stuff like that....

Now for the question... I'm a big anti FDA person, always tweeting, posting, writing, signing petitions, etc....
    But if FDA does step in won't they require juice makers to supply the ratio info?

Am I wrong or don't you think the juice makers should take it on themselves to make this info available for their clients?
    Wouldn't that be just one step they take away from FDAs complaint world?

Ok I'm ready...... tell me what I'm missing.....

2. Chas_L

Chas_L Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Buchanan Ga
    Dry throat could be just dehydration, drink lots and lots of water.

Many juice makers do list the PG/VG and some even let you specify the blend you want.

FDA ,who knows there sure is not much info on tobacco products except they are vey bad for you. No one knows if vaping will end up be classified as.

3. Zee2006

Aug 12, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    yes I realize many companies do list their ratios, I do love that..

I'm more thinking about those that don't.... I do wonder why is it they don't??

4. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    Ive not had a problem knowing the pg/vg ration with any vendor except halo
    Most of them let you choose the ratio

Yes Ive noticed higher PG can = more dried thought a little water would fix that

5. Zee2006

Aug 12, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hell with it.... I've decided if a company doesn't list their PG/VG ratio I simply won't buy the vape...

I'm getting sick of reading....

"This base material is comprised of USP/Kosher certified vegetable glycerin and USP certified propylene glycol. While the blend ratio is our secret"

Secret my .............. it shouldn't be a secret when we know some people NEED to know!

yes, yes I am venting :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.