Question about repairing a Brass Monkee RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I have one of the power screws that I is stripped on a CiGreen Brass Monkee. Now I've lost the screw for it but would like to know if anyone knows the thread size of the Philips head screw and perhaps I can get it tapped for one size larger and use a allen head instead for the two positive posts. It was one of my favorites and would hate to toss it and get another that might have the same problem. CiGreen and FA seem to be the only clones of this out there that I've found.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
No need to tap it just go to a location that has a thread pitch gauge and size it up. Fastnal has every screw you could ever want or need for your drippers. I have one right around the cornner from my job and so far they have been able to get every size I needed within one business day.

They have shops everywhere, see if you have one close to the house.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
No need to tap it just go to a location that has a thread pitch gauge and size it up. Fastnal has every screw you could ever want or need for your drippers. I have one right around the cornner from my job and so far they have been able to get every size I needed within one business day.

They have shops everywhere, see if you have one close to the house.

Thanks Marc, I know where to get the screws just don't have a means to measure them. Now I could buy the tools required but then it would be cheaper to buy another and be done with it. It isn't the screw that is stripped it is the positive post that is stripped.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
If you have a fastner store close to you just pull a screw and have them give you the pitch and pick up a tap to clean up the threads.

I dig my Monkee, sorry to here that yours is having issues. It's a great vape.

I don't have one close to me nor any place that would have this size screw with in a good 45 min. drive, hence I was hoping for someone to know it. I love it too and it worked well up until the last time I remove the wick and dry burned it. I also checked it on an ohm meter to discover it was bouncing around. Then tried to tighten it up just to have turn. I have the screw it no longer threads into the hole.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I will throw mine in my pocket tomorrow and swing by Fastenal and see if I can get you the information. Mine is an authentic but I would imagine they would be the same. I'll post tomorrow.

Thanks that would be appreciated. Once I have this size I will know what the next size up is and buy some allen heads as well as a tape for that size to fix it.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
joecil, they spec's it at a 2 mm by 4 mm long. I brought mine and they said you could easily repair the block but be careful it you are working on the posts. They don't think they would take much pressure before they shattered.

Thanks I will order some and see if I can get it to tread. I've had no problems with the posts but the block has been the problem. I also have an IGO-M which seems to have copied the brass monkey deck design but actually made it with larger holes and stronger materials. I have both Allen head and Phillips heads for that one.

UPDATE: I found some that fit locally at a hobby shop I wasn't aware existed before. Have recoiled with duel 26ga 1/8" inside at about .53 ohms. Thanks again.

Last edited:

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Very cool joecil. glad it worked out.

I'm a big fan of the allen head screws and have swapped a bunch of mine out.

Have a good weekend.

It really depends on the RDA and how far the screws are apart. I know my IGO-M I changed the Allen to Phillips as it just has more room as well as better larger threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread